What's special about these pocket sized fiber optic light sources?
- Available in 2 wavelength models that are designed to be simple to use, these devices help to create a highly productive and stable environment for testing single mode or multimode fiber optic systems.
- Superior re-connection repeatability (<0.1 dB) for consistent source stability when testing multiple fibers or retesting the same fiber.
- Compact design is small enough to fit easily into a shirt pocket, while remaining rugged enough to survive a 2 meter drop onto a hard surface.
- Click for More Features
The KI 9800 Series of pocket-sized optical light sources from Kingfisher International provides datacom technicians and specialists with a highly productive and reliable LED or laser light source for testing most fiber optic platforms. Whether you work in the field or in a lab, the KI 9800’s simple to use design and compact size makes these light sources ideal for testing loss on single mode or multimode fiber optic cable. The conveniently placed clip allows this optical light source to easily be stored and carried in your pants pocket, shirt pocket, or tool bag.
|KI-9812||Kingfisher 9800 Series Optical Light Source, 850-1300nm LED||1.1 lb||
|KI-9822A||Kingfisher 9800 Series Optical Light Source, 1310-1550nm Laser||1.1 lb||
|KI-9822-APC||Kingfisher 9800 Series Optical Light Source, 1310-1550nm Laser, APC||1.1 lb||
|KI-OPT060||Connector Adapter, Ceramic Sleeve, SC/E2000 Blue||
|KI-OPT060G||Connector Adapter, Ceramic Sleeve, SC/E2000 Green||
|KI-OPT071||Connector Adapter, Ceramic Sleeve, SC/LSA, DIN Blue||
|KI-OPT080||Connector Adapter, Ceramic Sleeve, SC/MU||
|KI-OPT082||Connector Adapter, SMA 905/906||
- Optional connectors, including LC style, are available separately for use on a wider range of networks and fiber optic cables.
- Incredibly tough construction provides moisture resistance with rubber corners and captive dust cap that can survive harsh punishment.
- Connectors are metal-free to avoid contaminating the connectors in high power systems.
- Up to 35 hours of use from only 2 AAA alkaline batteries, with a low battery indicator for providing reliable service in the field or in the lab.
- 1310nm - 1550 nm laser source provides the ideal solution for single-mode testing when combined with a compatible power meter
- 850 nm - 1300 nm LED source provides the ideal solution for multimode testing when combined with a KI 9600 series power meter; the combination features a standards-compliant beam geometry and modal distribution across the fiber core, resulting in better test consistency when different sources are used to test the same sample.
- IEC, EMC, ICES, and FCC compliant
- NATAILAC-MRA accredited for world recognized traceable calibration
- 3 year manufacturer’s warranty
- SC connector adaptor OPT046 blue or OPT046G green
- Quick guide
- 50 & 62.5 µm fiber mandrel wraps OPT701 for LED source
- Soft carry pouch
|Source||1310/1550 nm Laser||850/1300 nm LED||Comments|
|Output Power, dBm, Fiber Type, µm||0 @ 9/125||-23 @ 62.5/125
-35 @ 9.5/125
|± 1 dB|
|Short Term Stability, dB||0.04||0.01||For 15 min, type ± Δ 2° C, after warm up|
|Stability over temp, dB||0.6||0.35||Typical, over temperature|
|λ initial tolerance, nm||20||-||At 25° C|
|λ width, nm||3||-||FWHM, typical|
|Mode Controlled Source||NA||Mode Controlled||-|
|Reconnection repeatability, dB||0.1||0.05||95% confidence|
|Modulation||270 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, ± 2%||270 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, ± 2%||-|
|Blinking 2 Hz||NA||NA||-|
|Laser Output||Adjustable over 3 dB in 0.1 dB steps||-||-|
|Battery Life||> 25 hrs|
|Size||4.9" L x 3.2" W x 1.0" D (124 x 81 x 25 mm)|
|Weight||0.33 lb (0.15kg) - Shipping: 1.1 lb (0.5 kg)|
|Operating / Storage Temperature||5° to 131° F / -13° to 158° F
-15° to 55° C / -25° to 70° C
|Case||Polycarbonate, 2.5 meters drop tested|
|Power||2 alkaline AAA cells, selectable auto-off, low battery indicator|
|Case||MIL PRF 28800F Class 2|
|Light Source||IEC 60825-1:2001
CFR 21 part 1040.10 (USA)
|EMC||IEC 61326:2002 / EN 61326-1:1997+A1:1998+A2:2001+A3:2003
IEC CISPR 11: 2004/ EN 55011:1998+A1:1999
IEC CISPR 16-1:1999
IEC CISPR 16-2:1999
IEC 61000-4-2:2001 / EN 61000-4-2:1995+A1:1998+A2:2001
IEC 61000-4-3:2002/ EN 61000-4-3:2002
ICES-001: 2006 (Canada)
CFR 47 FCC Part 15, Subpart B (Class B) (USA)
|FCC Registration Number||90891|
Request A Quote
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 1-833-3CABLEORG (1-833-322-2536)
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts