What's special about these baluns?
The CCTV Baluns allow base-band composite video signals to be transmitted over a single unshielded twisted pair cable (UTP) for more versatile cabling. The CCTV Balun eliminates the more expensive coaxial cable, including coupling signals from remote video cameras to display systems, video capture, security and surveillance monitoring applications.
- This process sets you up for future IP installation
- No AC power batteries needed
- Bi-directional signal conversion
- One year manufacturer warranty
CCTV Balun Toolless
GEM-BLN-TL, GEM-BLN-MTL, GEM-BLN-RJ45, GEM-BLN-RJ45PT
- 2,200 feet with passive balun
- No tools required to install
- May be used on CAT3, 5 or 6
- Very cost effective – reduces CCTV installation
- BNC Plug to RJ45 Jack - Specs and Installation (PDF)
- BNC Plug to Toolless - Specs and Installation (PDF)
- BNC Plug to Toolless Mini Type - Specs and Installation (PDF)
- BNC Plug to RJ45 Jack 6" Pigtails - Specs and Installation (PDF)
CCTV Over Twisted Pair and GEM Baluns
Benefits to Dealer in Using CAT5 & GEM Baluns
- They use 1 pair per camera instead of 1 coax per camera. That means 4 cameras on 1 Cat5 cable
- They can have longer runs, GEM’s balun go 2200 feet
- They cable may already be there
- Sets the installation up for future IP
Here is a basic 4 camera installation, lets say 1,000 feet:
RELATED ARTICLES -
HOW-TO CORNER -
- How to Have a Great Home Theater System
- How to Install Your Wiring Solution
- How to Child and Pet Proof Your Cables
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 1-833-3CABLEORG (1-833-322-2536)>
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts