What's special about uv reactive heat shrink tubing?
- 30% stronger than polyolefin while for maximum protection
- All colors are brilliant; clear is crystal clear, black, gold and green are glossy and vibrant, Luminous gives off an ultra-bright glow
- Low shrink temperature lets you get the job done nicely with economical tools
- Resists flames, chemicals/oils, sunlight, moisture and fungus for use in harsh environments
- UL/CSA approved, MIL-I-23053/2 Class 2
- Click for More Features
This PVC heat shrink is a great alternative for those needing more durability than polyolefin or the aesthetic benefit of the gold or UV colors. The material is 30% stronger for high reliability outdoors and in rough conditions, though it is a bit stiffer than polyolefin. Try the glow in the dark tubing to add flair to your computer cable management and other special electronics projects. Use the other colors for solid connections anywhere else.
Price breaks will automatically be reflected in the shopping cart
Custom Sizes and Cut Pieces are NON-RETURNABLE and NON-REFUNDABLE
* Heat Shrink PVC needs to be stored below 70°F and will begin to recover any time it is exposed to temperatures above 70°F. During warmer weather, and when shipping to locations with daily temperatures in excess of 70°F, we recommend shipping your product via UPS Red. Please contact our sales team if you would like to consider a product that is NOT effected by heat in transit.
*Please Note: Our Diameters for Heat Shrink Tubing are measured as ROUND TUBE, NOT FLAT
* When ordering a product in a specific color, please keep in mind that your computer monitors’s resolution and color setting may have an effect on the colors of our product pictures. Because of this, the actual item may not be an exact match to what you see on your screen.
Looking for UV reactive or glow in the dark heat shrink? CableOrganizer.com now carries several varieties. We now stock PVC heat shrink, in bright highly UV reactive neon colors. It is available in a 2:1 shrink ratio, and five sizes (1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 3/4", and 1"). Colors currently available are Luminous, Luminous Green, and Gold.
|Minimum Recommended Shrink Temperature||100° C (212° F)|
|Operating Temperature Range||-20° to 105° C|
|Longitudinal Shrinkage||Approximately 15%|
|Physical / Electrical Properties|
|Tensile Strength||3000 psi|
|Flammability||UL Subject 224 VW-1|
|Brittleness Temperature||-28° C|
|Volume Resistivity||21.5 X 1012|
|Dielectric Strength||1,083 vpm|
|Storage||Heat sensitive. Store at 70° F or below|
All information presented is believed to be reliable and is offered as a guide to product selection. As each application is unique, we can make no warranties as to the suitability of any products for a particular use. Specifications are subject to change.
Limiting Oxygen Index (LOI)
The ratio of how much oxygen - as compared to other gases - needs to be present in the air surrounding a particular material in order for that material to burn. The fact that Earth's normal atmospheric air contains around 21% oxygen is used a reference point when materials are classified into burn categories that are based on Limiting Oxygen Index. Substances that are combustible in air containing less than 21% oxygen are considered flammable, while those that burn in the range of anything greater than 21% but less than 28% are typically labeled "slow burning". Any material with an LOI that exceeds 28% is classified as self-extinguishing.
In the table below, you'll find a list of polymers commonly found in our heat shrink tubing and braided sleeving products, along with their LOIs and the burn categories each falls into.
|ECTFE (Ethylene chlorotrifluoroethylene)||Halar||64%||Self Extinguishing|
|Nylon 6:6||N/A||Ranges fron 24-29%||Slow Burning to Self Extinguishing|
|PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate)||Mylar (film), Dacron (fiber)||Ranges from 21-34%||Slow Burning to Self Extinguishing|
|Polypropylene (PP)||polythene (in the UK)||17%||Flammable|
|Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)||Teflon||95%||Self Extinguishing|
|Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)||N/A||Ranges from 45-49%||Self Extinguishing|
ARTICLES - A place to find educational articles covering a wide range of topics, all categorized according to your areas of interest. Learn more
- Heat Shrink Tubing: How It Was Invented, and Why We Use It
- The Handyman's Guide to Improvisation: 7 New Ways to Use Heat Shrink Tubing
HOW-TO CORNER -
- How to Use Heat Shrink Tubing
- How to Terminate the Ends
- How to Determine Which Product Diameter You Need
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 1-833-3CABLEORG (1-833-322-2536)>
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts