What's special about this heat shrink tubing?
- Has a high viscosity hot melt adhesive that flows through gaps in bundles for a secure and weatherproof connection
- High flowing adhesive provides superior strain relief for bundled cables
- Clear tubing has color dashes on it to easily identify the size of the heatshrink using standard AWG colors
- Click for More Features
This high flowing adhesive heat shrink tubing is ideal for joining multiple wires or cables. The very active hot melt adhesive flows between wires and cables to create a weatherproof seal that is highly puncture resistant and provides a superior strain relief.
|NSPA-HST540C-48||High Adhesive Flow Shrink Tubing||48"||0.220"||Clear w/ White Dashes|
|NSPA-HST541C-48||High Adhesive Flow Shrink Tubing||48"||0.300"||Clear w/ Red Dashes|
|NSPA-HST542C-48||High Adhesive Flow Shrink Tubing||48"||0.350"||Clear w/ Blue Dashes|
|NSPA-HST543C-48||High Adhesive Flow Shrink Tubing||48"||0.450"||Clear w/ Yellow Dashes|
- Shrinks 4:1 ratio so it can be used on multiple cables and provide a tight seal
- Color coded dashes on clear tubing for easy identification
- Strong adhesive and polyolefin tubing combined create a puncture resistant
- Operating temperature from -55°C to 110°C (67°F to 230°F)
- Ideal for use on:
- Joining multiple wires
- Identifying wire gauge
- Color coding wires or wire combinations
- Waterproofing permanent connections
- Creating sealed splices
|Ordering Size||Minimum Expanded I.D.||Maximum Recovered I.D.||Nominal Recovered - Wall||Minimum Recovered Outer Wall||Color Code|
|Tensile Strength||2450 PSI|
|2% Secant Modulus||16,500 PSI|
|Longitudinal Change||+0%, -10%|
|Specific Gravity (Outer Wall)||0.97|
|Heat Aging||135°C (Adhesive softens)|
|Thermal Cycle||5°C to 135°C|
|Dielectric Strength (Outer Wall)||500 V/mil|
|Dielectric Withstand||1000 volts AC|
|Current Leakage||< 0.250 microamps|
|Auto Fluid Compatibility||8 fluids|
Limiting Oxygen Index (LOI)
The ratio of how much oxygen - as compared to other gases - needs to be present in the air surrounding a particular material in order for that material to burn. The fact that Earth's normal atmospheric air contains around 21% oxygen is used a reference point when materials are classified into burn categories that are based on Limiting Oxygen Index. Substances that are combustible in air containing less than 21% oxygen are considered flammable, while those that burn in the range of anything greater than 21% but less than 28% are typically labeled "slow burning". Any material with an LOI that exceeds 28% is classified as self-extinguishing.
In the table below, you'll find a list of polymers commonly found in our heat shrink tubing and braided sleeving products, along with their LOIs and the burn categories each falls into.
|ECTFE (Ethylene chlorotrifluoroethylene)||Halar||64%||Self Extinguishing|
|Nylon 6:6||N/A||Ranges fron 24-29%||Slow Burning to Self Extinguishing|
|PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate)||Mylar (film), Dacron (fiber)||Ranges from 21-34%||Slow Burning to Self Extinguishing|
|Polypropylene (PP)||polythene (in the UK)||17%||Flammable|
|Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)||Teflon||95%||Self Extinguishing|
|Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)||N/A||Ranges from 45-49%||Self Extinguishing|
RELATED ARTICLES -
HOW-TO CORNER -
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 1-833-3CABLEORG (1-833-322-2536)>
Questions & Answers
- Hello, the manufacturer offers; HST808B-6 pre-shrink id is 0.800? and recover ID is 0.200? and HDT809b-6 Pre-shrink ID is 1.100? and recover ID is 0.370?. Please call us toll free at 866-222-0030 to place an order or for any other questions about this product.
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts