HydraLink Sealed Multiple Wire Closed End and In-Line Butt Connectors
Multiple Wires, One Solution
What's special about these multiple wire connectors?
- Tubing has a very active adhesive that seals between multiple wires for a sealed, watertight connection.
- Clear tubing allows you to visually inspect the connector prior to crimping.
- Multiple wire connectors ideal for joining up to 4 wires at a time.
- Click for More Features
Unlike traditional methods of joining multiple wires, these wire butt connectors include an active adhesive that melts between the wires, when heat is applied, to provide a watertight seal.
|NSPA-HL57-20||Multiple Wire In-Line Butt Splice||24-22||1-1/16"||0.25 lb||50||
|NSPA-HL57-16||Multiple Wire In-Line Butt Splice||18||1-7/8"||0.28 lb||50||
|NSPA-HL57-14||Multiple Wire In-Line Butt Splice||16-14||2-1/8"||0.32 lb||50||
|NSPA-HL57-10||Multiple Wire In-Line Butt Splice||12-10||2-5/16"||0.36 lb||50||
|NSPA-HL8-22-14||Closed End Wire Connector||22-14||1-1/4"||0.25 lb||50||
|NSPA-HL8-18-10||Closed End Wire Connector||18-10||1-3/4"||0.28 lb||50||
|NSPA-ASST-HL-9000||HydraLink 28-Piece Mini Kit, Plastic Box||
|NSPA-ASST-HL-5000||HydraLink 55-Piece Starter Kit, Plastic Box||
Hydralink multiple wire connectors have a clear tubing so wire terminations can be easily inspected and are color coded with colored dashes to they can be easily identified. The inner crimp barrel also has color coded stripes to indicate the wire gauge as well as crimp indicators to ensure that you get a perfect crimp every time. These multiple wire connectors are ideal for joining 1 wire to 2 wires, or joining up to 4 wires at a time.
|Material||Co-extruded, dual wall heat shrink tubing with a thermoplastic adhesive inner wall|
|Characteristics||Semi-rigid, 4 to 1 shrink ratio; excellent strain relief; puncture resistant; resistant to salt water, automotive fluids, corrosive chemicals; functional over a wide temperature range|
|Applicable Specs||Chrysler MS-DB56 CPN 3686|
|Temperature Rating||-55° to 110°C|
|Recovery Temperature||121° (250°F)|
|Tensile Strength||2450 PSI|
|Longitudinal Change||1% - 10%|
|Dielectric Strength (outer wall)||500 Volts/Mil|
|Dielectric Withstand||1000 Volts AC|
|Current Leakage||< 0.250 Microamps|
|Auto Fluid Compatibility||8 Fluid|
IN-LINE BUTT CONNECTOR INSTRUCTIONS:
- For side of connector where two wires will be inserted, strip wires 5/8"
- Select a connector that matches the wire gauge (see chart below) and insert the two wires into the larger side of the connector.
- Make sure that both wires are properly seated and crimp the connector using an insulated connector crimping tool nest that matches the color stripe on the larger side of the connector barrel.
- For the side of the connector where one wire will be inserted, strip wire 5/16"
- Insert the wire into the smaller side of the connector, make sure the wire is properly seated and crimp the connector using an insulated connector crimping tool nest that matches the color stripe on the smaller side of the connector barrel.
- Apply heat evenly around the length of the tubing (including the crimp area) from the center out to the ends until the tubing fully recovers and the adhesive flows. During the heating process, separate the two wires in the larger end of the connector to allow the adhesive to flow in between the wires.
- Remove from the heat and let cool
CLOSED-END CONNECTOR INSTRUCTIONS:
- Using the chart below, select the proper size of connector for the wires to be joined. A maximum of four wires may be connected.
- Strip each wire 5/8"
- Insert all wires into the connector, make sure that each wire is properly seated and crimp the connector using an insulated connector crimping nest that matches the color dash on the heat shrink tubing.
- Apply heat evenly to the tubing until the tubing fully recovers and the adhesive flows. DO NOT heat the crimp area since this will burn the plastic portion of the connector. During the heating process, separate the wires to allow the adhesive to flow in between the wires.
- Remove from the heat and let cool
For best results, use a heat device of at least 400° F. When using an open flame, do not isolate the flame on one area of tubing. Distribute the heat evenly. Overheating the connector may cause damage to the tubing.
Request A Quote
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 1-833-3CABLEORG (1-833-322-2536)
Questions & Answers
What's included in the 28 piece and the 55 piece hydralink sealed multiple wire closed end and inline butt connectors
Can this be used in an outdoor application or used underground?
- Hello, It is not recommended that these are used for outdoor applications.
How many butt connectors come in a package?
- Hello, most of our packs are quantity 50, unless it's a kit. In that case we have put the AWG and quantity next to each other so customers are aware of how many are in the kit.
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts