What's special about the FRAS wrap?
- Both fire resistant and anti-static to prevent and retard flames and sparks in volatile environments.
- Allows you to wrap and bundle one hose or cable at a time, or several at once.
- Made of strong HDPE material to protect cables against being crushed, abraded or damaged by UV rays.
- Ideal for use in underground mining, hydraulic equipment, welding, drilling, tunneling and manufacturing.
- Click for More Features
FRAS spiral wrap is made of a low-resistivity material to prevent bundles from building up a charge and discharging sparks in unstable environments, which can cause hazardous flames. In addition to its anti-static nature, this protective wrap is fire resistant, so it won't ignite in the event of a fire.
|Part #||Min. Hose O.D.||Length||Price|
- SIMTARS certified for use in mines and other underground applications.
- Flexible material allows you to route cables around corners and bends, and move freely in robotics applications.
- Low resistivity allows electricity to pass freely, and prevents bundled cables from building up a charge.
- Fully certified by MSHA
- Fully approved for underground use in mines.
- Available in various sizes to work for multiple applications.
- Tested to the following standards:
- AS 2660
- AS 1180, 10B
- AS 1180, 13A
|PART #||I.D.||I.D.||O.D.||O.D.||WALL||Wall||MIN. HOSE O.D.||BOX QTY.|
All measurements are nominal
The O.D. of the hose should be slightly larger than the I.D. of the wrap.
|Physical Properties||Test Method||Unit||Value|
|Melt Flow Index|
|(230°C 2,16kg)||ASTM D-1238||g/10 min||2|
|(230°C 5,0kg)||ASTM D-1238||g/10 min||-|
|Tensile strength||ASTM D-638||MPa||20|
|Yield strength||ASTM D-638||MPa||24|
|Elongation at break||ASTM D-638||%||300|
|Elongation at yield||ASTM D-638||%||16|
|Modulus of Elasticity||ASTM D-790||MPa||1500|
|Impact Strength Charpy|
|Impact Strength Charpy, notched|
|Vicat softening point 1,0kg||ASTM D-1525||°C||150|
|0.45 Mpa||ASTM D-648||°C||105|
|1.8 Mpa||ASTM D-648||°C||58|
|Volume resistivity||ASTM D-257||- cm||< 10³|
|Surface resistivity||ASTM D-257||-||< 105|
|Hardness Shore D||ASTM D-224||0||72|
|Rate of heat release||ISO DIS 5660||KW/m²||218|
|Point of inflammation||ISO DIS 5660||s||20|
|Specific extinction area||ASTM E-1354||m²/kg||1220|
NO MANUALS AVAILABLE
RELATED ARTICLES -
- How to Determine Which Product Diameter You Need
- Impress Your Guests with a Home Theater That Looks Expensive
- How to Terminate Braided Sleeving
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 1-833-3CABLEORG (1-833-322-2536)>
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts