When you’re running a business, there’s no shortage of things to manage: time, employees, productivity, budgets… but have you ever thought of? Just about every business depends on cables for essentials like data and electricity, and cable management is the perfect solution for keeping those cords safe, functional and organized! So whether you oversee an office, data center, production studio or retail space, read on to find out how cable management can benefit your business!
- Safety first. When you own or operate a business, it’s up to you to keep the premises up to code and safe for employees and customers. Prevent cable-related liabilities like tripping hazards by using floor cord covers to anchor foot-snagging to the floor. Cord covers offer you twofold protection: they prevent tripping accidents around the workplace, and they also keep valuable cables from being crushed underfoot by pedestrian traffic.
- Cut down on wasted time and frustration. At one time or another, we’ve all wanted to pull our hair out in frustration while trying to untangle and differentiate between computer cords. Likewise, when it comes time to replace or perform routine maintenance on network equipment, the last thing you’ll want to be faced with is digging through a web of identical cables to find the one you need! Products like wire markers and label printers take the guesswork away by neatly identifying each cord, and save you precious time (and sanity) for more worthwhile tasks!
- Save money. Cable management not only provides you with a cleaner and more organized business space, it can also extend the life and maximize the performance of your cables! Cords that are allowed to pile up on the floor or hang slack behind equipment are likely to suffer damage from crushing or sagging. By introducing a cable management system like the Neat Patch into your workplace, you can ensure that you won’t need to repeatedly spend money on replacement network cables.
- Keep your work environment cleaner. Nothing hangs on to dust like piles of tangled cables: just take a look under your desk! Chances are, those dust balls aren’t enhancing your business… but they’re probably making you sneeze! Tackling excess cord length with a product like the Cable-Safe Complete Cable Manager, which lifts wires and peripheral devices off the floor, makes it easier for you to clean, and helps to prevent dirt from collecting in the first place.
- Look better to your clients. Always remember that first impressions count extra in business! Even if you’re great at what you do, a cluttered and disorganized workspace can give potential business partners the wrong idea. Let’s face it: an office full of messy cables just makes you look bad, so if you’re likely to receive drop-in visits from customers or prospective clients, invest in a cable management solution like surface raceway and put your best foot forward.