What's special about this lubricant?
- This is the only cable lube that offers a sprayable alternative, allowing for easier application.
- Spray or wipe this high performance cable lubricant onto cables that are being pulled, pushed or blown into conduit.
- Offers excellent cling and continues to work even after it has dried, because the residue of the spray is a thin, slippery film that retains lubricity for many months.
- Non-hazardous water-based lube doesn't contain toxic components, so it's user and environment friendly, as well as biodegradable.
- Click for More Features
|AP-SPY-35LR||American Polywater SPY Lubricant 1 Qt Spray Bottle||2.15 lbs||
|AP-SPY-D20||American Polywater SPY Lubricant 20ct Wipe Canister||2.3 lbs||
|AP-SPY-640||American Polywater SPY Lubricant 5 Gallon Pail||42 lbs||
- Highly concentrated, so you only need to use a thin coating
- Easy to use and cleanup, plus it's non-staining
- Ideal to use in industrial electrical, communications, construction and maintenance projects.
- Decreases damage and loss to cables during installation because it reduces friction.
- Industrial sprayers are available for automatic spraying applications.
- Some examples of possible uses are: lubricating fiberglass rods for easier and longer insertions during fishing; spraying holes in wood studs to reduce Romex® wire tension when hand pulling; no-mess underground cable installation by using pressurized spraying; lowering tension when pulling wire into EMT or PVC conduits in traditional buildings.
- Packed for safe use; if properly sealed after opening, the lubricant will have a shelf life of one year.
- Water-based; uses natural and renewable resources, so it minimizes pollution and global warming.
- All defective products will be replaced under the warranty
- Proudly made in the USA
Recommended Lubricant Quantity:
Q = k x L x D
Q = quantity in gallons (liters)
k = 0.0005 (0.0004 if metric units)
L = length of conduit run in feet (meters)
D = ID of the conduit in inches (mm)
|Appearance||Slightly thickened white liquid|
|Vapor Pressure||18 mm @ 72° F|
|Specific Gravity (H20 = 1)||1.0|
|Percent Volatiles (Weight)||96%|
|Viscosity||250 - 75 cps @ 10 rmp|
|VOC Content||0 gms / L|
|Utlization Temperature||28° to 120° F (-2° to 50° C)|
|Boiling Point||>212° F / 100° C|
|Temperature Range||20° to 120° F (-5° to 50° C)|
|Vapor Density (Air = 1)||> 1|
|Solubility in Water||Dispersible|
|Percent Water (Weight)||> 90%|
|pH||7.5 to 90|
|Residue Appearance||Slippery film|
|Wetting after 1 min on XLPE||> 99% wetting|
|Product Materials||Water and polymers|
|Jacket Type||Elongation||Max Tensile|
|PVC (non-aged control)||206%||1210 psi|
|PVC ( aged 180 days, 50° C)||170%||83% - pass||1130 psi||93% - pass|
|XLPE (non-aged control)||368%||836 psi|
|XLPE (aged 180 days, 50° C)||334%||91% - pass||800 psi||96% - pass|
|Cable||Conduit||Polywater® SPY µk @ 200 lbs/ft||Bare (unlubricated) µk @ 200 lbs/ft|
|Enhanced THHN||Rigid Steel||0.09||0.17|
|Ehanced THHN||EMT *||0.11||0.22|
|XLPE||SCH 40 PVC||0.06||0.45|
|PVC||SCH 40 PVC||0.06||0.52|
|THHN||SCH 40 PVC||0.07||0.35|
|Enhanced THHN||SCH 40 PVC||0.07||0.25|
* EMT conduit shows wide variance depending on manufacturer, and friction values (µk) show a wide range of values. Polywater SPY Lubricant reduces friction on the EMT tested.
Dry Coefficient of Friction
|Cable||Conduit||µk @ 200 lbs/ft|
|Dry Polywater® SPY||Control Polywater® SPY||Bare (unlubricated)|
|Enhanced THHN||Rigid Steel||0.15||0.09||0.17|
|Ehanced THHN||EMT *||0.22||0.11||0.22|
|XLPE||SCH 40 PVC||0.06||0.06||0.45|
|PVC||SCH 40 PVC||0.07||0.06||0.52|
|THHN||SCH 40 PVC||0.07||0.07||0.35|
|Enhanced THHN||SCH 40 PVC||0.08||0.07||0.25|
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 1-833-3CABLEORG (1-833-322-2536)>
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts