FORJ High Strength Thermoplastic Ribbon
Non-Adhesive, Self-Fusing Silicone Bonding Tape
What's special about this tape?
- Forj is available in a convenient tin, making it easy to carry. Throw Forj in your backpack before an adventure or store in a toolbox for future use.
- Forj’s base materials do not pick up any moisture and will remain waterproof.
- Forj’s molecules decouple, allowing you to mold, shape, and form into any desired shape. When cooling, the molecules recouple to create a high strength bond at the molecular level!
- The chemical composition of Forj creates a surface that can be painted to match any desired color
- Due to the nature of Forj’s polymers, the bond between molecules and layers gets stronger as the temperature drops.
- Forj is a true composite material. We have combined an ultra-high strength thermoplastic fiber with a low temperature activated thermoplastic polymermatrix. Basically the thermoplastic polymermatrix keeps the thermoplastic fiber in place.
- Forj is made with 100-year fiber and resin. If stored in its original container it will last 100+ yrs.
- If exposed to an open flame for too long or exposed to temperatures over 250°F Forj can be flammable.
- Has a tensile strength of over 1000lbs!
Forj, formerly known as Braeon, is a high strength, lightweight plastic ribbon that molecularly fuses to itself in a matter of seconds. Simply heat, press and repeat to form the plastic into any desired shape. Once cooled, the self-bonding plastic hardens, creating a bond as strong as steel.
|FORJ||FORJ HIGH STRENGTH THERMOPLASTIC RIBBON - LIGHTWEIGHT
- SELF-FUSING - 1" WIDE X 20FT ROLL
How it works:
- HEAT: Heat ribbon to 140°F or hotter to bend and mold Forj into desired shape. You can use hot water, a hair dryer, a heat gun, a microwave, open-flame or solar magnification.
- SHAPE: Once Forj becomes clear, the resin is hot enough to be shaped and adhere to itself to form a bond. As it cools and solidifies, it returns to white.
- FIX: Let your creation set for a few minutes. Once cooled, the lightweight material molecularly fuses to itself for a bond as strong as steel.
- REHEAT & REPEAT: If adjustments or additions are desired, simply reheat Forj. Forj can be reheated and reformed several times.
Request A Quote
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 1-833-3CABLEORG (1-833-322-2536)
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts