What's special about this media converter from Signamax?
- Cost effective way to establish a fiber optic cabling infrastructure.
- Built-in twisted pair 10/100/1000 switch
- Fiber connection operates at 1000 Mbps and can operate in full duplex mode.
- It can be used as a stand alone wall device or placed in a 19" chassis.
- Click for More Features
Media converters from Signamax Connectivity Systems are an easy and cost effective way to establish fiber optic infrastructure within your existing legacy 10BaseT or 100BaseTX network to the more advanced gigabit 1000BaseT Ethernet networks.
|SX-065-1196A||Signamax 10/100/1000 to 100SX MM/SC 220m Media Converter at 62.5micron and 550m and 50micron||
The Signamax 10/100/1000 switching media converter has a built in 10/100/1000 switch that allows the fiber connection to operate at 1000Mbps when connected to a 10BaseT or 100BaseTX network and still remain compliant to fiber optic networks of 1000BaseSX. The RJ45 port can be connected to a full duplex switch or half duplex hub and still operate in full duplex mode. The built-in switch provides for maximum fiber connectivity and distance.
- One channel media conversion between 10/100/1000 Base TX and 1000Base SX/LX
- Built-in twisted pair port 10/100/1000 switch
- Available in multi mode (SC) with 220m distance capability.
- Converter is equipped with 6 front panel status LEDs for functions, links, and activities.
- Store-and-forward switching mechanism
- Full and half duplex operation
- External AC to DC power adapter is included
- Complies with IEEE 802.3 10BaseT, IEEE 802.3u 100BaseTX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000BaseT, IEEE 802.3Z 1000BaseSX, and IEEE 802.3Z 1000BaseLX Ethernet standards
- UL LIsted
- Use as a stand alone device or within a chassis (ordered separately)
- Hot swappable when used with a chassis
- Wall mountable
- Lifetime performance guarantee from Signamax Connectivity Systems
|Applicable Standards||IEEE 802.3 10BaseT
IEEE 802.3u 100BaseTX
IEEE 802.3ab 1000BaseT
IEEE 802.3z 1000BaseSX
IEEE 802.3z 1000BaseLX
|General (SX-065-1196A)||1 Auto-MDIX twisted-pair port meeting IEEE 802.3 10BaseT, IEEE 802.3u 100BaseTX, & IEEE 802.3ab 1000BaseT standard specifications; Category 5e or better cable, 100 meters maximum distance for 1000BaseT, Category 5 or better cable, 100 meters maximum distance for 100BaseTX, Category 3 or better cable, 100 meters maximum distance for 10BaseT|
|Plus with SX-065-1196A||1 fiber optic port meeting IEEE 802.3z 1000BaseSX standard specification; 62.5/125 micron multimode fiber optic cable, 220 meters maximum distance, or 50/125 micron multimode fiber optic cable, 550 meters maximum distance|
|Performance||Latency: < 4.2 µs (LIFO)
Throughput @ 100Base: 148,810 pps (64-byte packets)
Throughput @ 1000Base: 1,488,100 pps (64-byte packets)
|Multimode SX-065-1196A||Type: Laser Diode
Wavelength: 850 nm nominal
Maximum Output: - 4.0dBm
Minimum Output Power: - 9.5
Maximum Input Power: - 13.5
Link Power Budget: 4.0dB
|LED Indicators||Per Unit: Power status, RJ-45 100 port speed, RJ-45 1000 port speed, RJ-45 FDX indicator
Per Port: LNK/ACT
Six LEDs total
|Dimensions||4.33" L x 3.19" W x 0.91" H [110mm x 81mm x 23mm]
Fiber connector protrusion varies with model.
|Weight||0.33 pounds [150 grams]|
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 1-833-3CABLEORG (1-833-322-2536)>
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts