What's special about this balun?
- Video Balun allows base-band composite video signals to be transmitted via a single unshielded twisted pair (UTP).
- Each Balun is 100% tested for reliability and durability to guarantee your signal integrity.
- Allows you to have increased picture quality for larger installations.
- Click for More Features
The Gem Electronics GEM-BLN-PVRJ45-1 CCTV Power-thru Balun is designed to transmit video signals and remote power through single UTP (unshielded twisted pair) cable. One pair of terminals is balanced and the other unbalanced. One side is connected to electrical ground and the other carries the signal. The CCTV Power-thru Baluns are used in pairs and allow users you reduce their cabling costs while still retaining picture quality. The options open to you with this kit are coupling signals from remote video cameras, video capture, security and surveillance monitoring.
|GEM-BLN-RJ45PT||BNC Plug to RJ45 Jack 6" Pigtails||1.8 lbs|
- Designed for use with CCTV cameras, monitors, switchers, sequencers, multiplexers, digital video, recorders (DVR) and other CCTV equipment.
- No AC power batteries needed
- Contained within an ultra small housing unit (1.29"L x 0.82" W x 0.95" D) for no interference with your equipment.
- Warranty: one year
- Increased picture quality over longer lengths; up to 2000 ft away
- BI-directional signal conversion
- Very small enclosure
- Complete with RG45 Jack and BNC Male
|Bandwidth :||Video DC to 8 MHz|
|Maximum Input :||1.0 Vp-p|
|Impedance :||75 ohm to 100 ohm (or 75 ohm to 120 ohm on request)|
|Insertion Loss :||Max 2 dB per pair over the frequency range from DC to 8 MHz|
|Return Loss :||Greater than 15 dB over the frequency range from DC to 8 MHz|
|Common Mode Rejection :||Greater than 40 dB at 8 MHz|
|Environment :||Close-Circuit TV (CCTV) equipment for security and surveillance|
|Devices :||CCTV cameras, monitors, switchers, sequencers, multiplexers, digital video, recorders (DVR) and other CCTV equipment|
|Connectors :||RJ45 jack, BNC Male|
|Cable-UTP :||Cat 5 or better - 100 ohms at 1 MHz|
|Capacitance : 20 pf/ft|
|Attenuation : 6.6 dB/1000ft at 1 MHz|
|Cable BNC :||Impedance : 75 ohms at 1 MHz (RG59/U)|
|Max 25' of coax allowed per end to end link|
|Max Distance :||Color : Cat 5 2230' (680 m)|
|Monochrome : Cat 5 2550' (780 m)|
|Environment Required :||Operating temp. 0°C to 55°C|
|Storage temp -22°C to 85°C|
|Humidity up to 95%|
|Dimensions :||33.0 x 21.0 x 24.2 mm|
|Max Distance @ 24 VAC via Three Pairs of a UTP Cat 5 Cable (24 AWG)||5 VA : 519' (170 m), 10 VA : 285' (85 m), 20 VA : 120' (43 m), 30 VA : 86' (28 m), based on 10% voltage drop at camera. Longer distance may be achieved @ 28 VAC|
|Max Input Voltage :||50 volts (AC RMS/DC)|
|Max Current Rating :||4.5 A (AC RMS/DC)|
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 1-833-3CABLEORG (1-833-322-2536)>
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts