What's special about this smoke alarm?
- Uses wireless technology to work with radio frequency to transmit and receive messages about hazard
- Unit quickly and easily mounts to your ceiling or wall with no wiring so that you can install this without the costly assistance of hiring someone
- Beeping and LED lighting alerts you that the battery is low, there is a unit error, or to let you know the system has been temporarily silenced so these issues can be resolved quickly
- Click for More Features
The 0919 and the 1279 Kidde Wireless Smoke Alarms allow you to easily and quickly install an interconnected smoke alarm system throughout the home without the mess of rewiring or the potentially high cost of labor.
- Interconnected feature is factory programmed so all you do is open the box and install
- The loud 85 decibel alarm will wake most sleeping adults when placed inside and just outside bedrooms
- Equipped with a smart touch button that allows you to silence any alarm that has been activated by another in the system
- After ten years from its initial use, the system alerts it has reached its “End of Life” so that you can replace it before it wears out
- Dipswitch pattern, similar to garage doors, prevents interference from similar systems nearby so your neighbors alarm won’t set yours off
- UL 217 Listed
- 10 years manufacturer warranty
Kidde offers the first UL-Listed wireless smoke alarms. The Kidde Wireless System includes battery operated and AC powered alarms to fit almost any residential structure. The Kidde Wireless System is easy to install and only involves a few simple steps. The first step is to determine what type of smoke alarms are currently in your home: battery powered, hardwired, or interconnected.
Worldwide, fire causes 20 times more deaths than tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, and floods combined. Having working smoke alarms dramatically increases the chance of survival when a fire occurs. From battery operated to hardwired to interconnected, our smoke alarms will fit a home's specific needs. Our smoke alarms meet or exceed standards set by Underwriters Laboratories, an independent third-party testing agency, as well as guidelines set by the National Fire Protection Association.
|KD-0919 DC Powered - Ionization Sensor||KD-1279 AC Powered - Ionization Sensor|
|Model||Kidde RF-SM-DC||Kidde RF-SM-AC|
|Power Source||3 AA batteries (included)||120VAC, 60HZ, 9V battery backup|
|Audio Alarm||85dB at 10 ft.||85dB at 10 ft.|
|Temperature Range||40°F to 100°F||40°F to 100°F|
|Humidity Range||up to 85% relative humidity (RH)||up to 85% relative humidity (RH)|
|Size||5.75" in diameter x 1.25" depth||5.75” in diameter x 1.25” depth|
|Weight||0.5 lb||0.5 lb|
|Interconnect||Up to 24 Kidde devices (of which 18 can be initiating)||Up to 24 Kidde devices (of which 18 can be initiating)|
|LED||Green, normal operation; Red, alarm condition||Green, normal operation; Red, alarm condition|
|Warranty||10 year limited||10 year limited|
- Kidde Wireless Smoke Alarm - RF-SM-DC Manual
- Kidde AC Wireless Smoke Alarm - RF-SM-AC Manual
- Installation and User Guide
- Technical Specifications
RELATED ARTICLES -
- CableOrganizer.com’s Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- Know the Dangers in Your Older Home, from The Electrical Safety Foundation International
- Home Safety Checklist
- Smoke Alarm Roundup: The Difference Between Ionization and Photoelectric Smoke Detectors
- How to Maintain Smoke Alarms
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 1-833-3CABLEORG (1-833-322-2536)>
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts