What's special about fiber termination tool?
- Uses an electric arc to join two lengths of fiber cable for network installation or repair operations.
- Dual 240X magnification cameras with 5.7" color LCD screen clearly shows you the entire process of the process for easy analysis.
- 60 preset splice modes with the option of user-defined settings ensure you will be ready for any operation.
- This splicer can be used indoors and outdoors, making it ideal for nearly any FTTx application.
- Click for More Features
Professional field technicians know that there is nothing more important than being prepared for the job. The 910FS Fusion Splicer is ruggedly built to ensure just that, rain or shine. This high performance fiber splicer may be used indoors and outdoors, and may be mounted atop its included carrying case, ensuring you have an adequate work surface anywhere. Choose between 2 kits depending on your needs, or contractors with their own preferred set of tools may purchase the splicer only.
|Replacement Parts and Accessories|
|GL-910FS-BATT||Battery (910FS): Powers the Splicer when no AC power receptacle is available||
|GL-PA1171||Buffer Strippers: Safely removes the "buffer" layer from a fiber optic cabling for proper installation||
- 9 second average splice time cuts labor times and costs for greater profits.
- 2 kits are available to accommodate your various applications:
- Splicer and Cleaver Kit (Kit 1):
- 910FS Optical Fusion Splicer
- 910CL Optical Fiber Cleaver
- Cooling Tray
- Allen Key: Used to uncover electrodes for removal and replacement
- Tweezers: Used to handle and install new electrodes, prevents contamination
- Work Platform Tray: Allows you to mount the splicer securely on top of the carrying case.
- Cleaning Brush
- Serial Cable: Used for uploading new applications to the splicer
- USB Cable: Used for downloading splice results to your PC
- 250µm Adapter: Used for splicing and cleaving 250µm fiber
- 900µm Adapter: Used for splicing and cleaving 900µm fiber
- Contractor's Kit (Kit 2):
- Everything in Kit 1, plus the following items
- PA1171 Fiber Stripper
- Extra Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Splicer and Cleaver Kit (Kit 1):
- Stores up to 5000 results that may later be transferred onto a PC for easy record keeping
- Available splice-on connectors minimize losses and speed up prep time for greater efficiency
|Applicable Fibers||SM (G.652); MM (G.651); DS (G.653); NZDS (G.655); ITU-T (G.657)|
|Fiber Cleaved Length||10 mm|
|Cladding Diameter||125 µm|
|Coating Diameter||0.25 mm and 0.9 mm|
|Fiber Aligning Method||Auto Core Alignment|
|Splice Loss (Typical)||0.02 dB (SM); 0.01 dB (MM); 0.04 dB (DS); 0.04 dB (NZDS)|
|Splicing Mode||60 Preset / User Definable Modes|
|Splice Time (Typical)||9 sec (SM)|
|Splice-On-Connector||LC and SC|
|Arc Calibration Mode||Automatic and Manual|
|Protection Sleeve Length||60mm, 40mm, Micro Sleeves|
|Storage of Splice Results||5000 Results|
|Fiber Display Magnification||240X|
|Tube Heating Mode||Adjustable 20-60 seconds|
|Tube Heating Time (Typical)||30 seconds|
|Display||5.7" Color, Turn-Over LCD|
|Operating Temperature||14° to 122° F (-10° to 50° C)|
|Pressure||0 to 16,404 feet (0 to 5,000 meters)|
|Relative Humidity||0 to 95%|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 158°F (-20 to 70°C)|
|Power Supply||100 to 240V AC Adapter; Li-ion Battery (6600mAh)|
|Weight (Including Battery)||6.92 lbs (3.14 kg)|
|Dimensions||7.08" H x 6.29" W x 6.10" D
(180 x 160 x 155 mm)
RELATED ARTICLES -
HOW-TO CORNER -
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 1-833-3CABLEORG (1-833-322-2536)>
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts