What's special about Aramid Armor®?
- Woven from aramid fibers, this sleeving is 5 times stronger than steel for superior cable protection.
- Remains very flexible despite its strength, ensuring easy routing around bends.
- Expands up to 85% to accept large connectors or otherwise irregularly shaped assemblies.
- Resists acids, fuels, solvents, fire and cutting for high performance in the most brutal of environments.
- Ideal for use in marine, military, aerospace, and many other applications.
- Click for More Features
Aramid Armor® Heavy Duty Cable Sleeving resists abrasion, cutting, chemicals, and high heat for superior performance in a plethora of applications. Despite its strength, Aramid Armor is very flexible and will have no problem conforming to the curves of your application; whether it's under the hood of a HMMV or behind the cockpit of a commercial airliner.*Please note that Aramid Armor is degraded by ultraviolet light. Do not store in direct sunlight. Fluoescent lighting will cause discoloration, but will not affect fiber mechanical properties.
|1/8" Nominal Diameters|
|1/4" Nominal Diameters|
|1/2" Nominal Diameters|
|1" Nominal Diameters|
|1 1/4" Nominal Diameters|
|TX-SHR0228-AS||Economy Kevlar Shears:|
Designed for occasional use of aramid fibers
|1 oz (28.35g)|
|KEVLARSCI||Heavy Duty Kevlar Shears: |
Provides years of high-volume cutting of aramid fibers
|0.625 lb (0.28 kg)|
- Lightweight construction makes for easy handling and will not weigh down harnesses in weight sensitive applications.
- Ample dampening properties make this sleeving great for vibrating applications such as locomotive and automotive.
- High tensile strength prevents damage when pulled or stretched.
- This sleeving may only be cut using Kevlar scissors.
|Monofilament Thickness||ASTM D-204|
|Recommended Cutters||Kevlar Shears|
|Tensile Strength||39 lbs (173 N) per ASTM D-2265|
|Moisture Absorption||ASTM D-570|
|Hard Vacuum Data|
|Smoke D-Max||ASTM E-662|
|Oxygen Index||29 per ASTM D-2863|
|Minimum Continuous||-274°F to 320°F (-170°C to 160°C)|
|Melt||Melt-proof per ASTM D-2117|
|Hydraulic Fluid||1 per MIL-H-5606|
|De-Icing Fluid||1 per MIL-A-8243|
|Fungus||2 per ASTM G-21|
|Salt Water||1 per O-S-1926|
|Lubricating Oil||1 per MIL-A-8243|
MANUALS & USER GUIDES
- Aramid Armor® Extreme Duty Expandable Cable Sleeving- Brochure (PDF)
- How to Install Expandable Braided Sleeving (PDF)
RELATED ARTICLES -
- What is RoHS?
- How do we measure braided sleeving?
- Key Elements for Cable Installation Success
- The 10 Commandments of Cable Management
- Tips for Safe Cable Management in Sterile Conditions
- Creating a Fire Protection Plan for Your Business
HOW-TO CORNER -