STI Intumescent SSC Collar
The firestop SSC collar is used with many types of plastic piping in construction. Thanks to their water resistance, rapid expansion and economical pricing, these units affordably help prevent the spread of fire and smoke to other parts of the building.
- Rapid expansion means that burning penetrants will be choked off faster
- Patented two-stage intumescent technology for extremely quick expansion
- Long-term aging studies indicate no significant loss of physical or expansion properties after elevated temperature, humidity and immersion testing
- Provides a minimum of 15X free expansion to completely cover small cracks and holes
- Meets the exacting criteria of ASTM E814 (UL 1479)
- Made in the U.S.A.
|Size (diameter)||6 inches|
|Shell Construction||22 Gauge gal. Steel|
|Intumescent Insert||Molded on piece|
|Expansion Begins||250°F(1st Stage)|
|350°F (2nd Saage)|
|Volume Expansion||16 to 24x (free expansion)|
|In Service Temp.||≤130°F|
|Oven Aging||No Change (60°C) *|
|Humidity Exposure||No Change (60°C, 98% R.H.) *|
* Evaluation of physical properties and total expansion.
|STI-SSC600||Intumescent SSC Firestop Collar, for plastic pipe||6"||4.67 lbs|
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
RELATED ARTICLES -
- CableOrganizer.com’s Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- Which Firestop Product Should I Use for My Application?
- Smoke Alarm Roundup
- Carbon Monoxide Safety Q&A
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if weíre missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!