What's special about this firestop intumescent collar?
- Expansion starts at 250°F (121°C) and continues up to 1000°F(538°C) to ensure fire and smoke do not travel through the pipes
- Made of a heavy-gauge galvanized metal collar that houses a molded intumescent insert for highly directional expansion
- Easy to connect, with a simple double hook and screw to fasten to the wall or floor
- Click for More Features
The firestop SSC collar is used with many types of plastic piping in construction. Thanks to their water resistance, rapid expansion and economical pricing, these units affordably help prevent the spread of fire and smoke to other parts of the building.
|STI-SSC600||Intumescent SSC Firestop Collar, for plastic pipe||6"||4.67 lbs|
- Rapid expansion means that burning penetrants will be choked off faster
- Patented two-stage intumescent technology for extremely quick expansion
- Long-term aging studies indicate no significant loss of physical or expansion properties after elevated temperature, humidity and immersion testing
- Provides a minimum of 15X free expansion to completely cover small cracks and holes
- Meets the exacting criteria of ASTM E814 (UL 1479)
- Made in the U.S.A.
|Size (diameter)||6 inches|
|Shell Construction||22 Gauge gal. Steel|
|Intumescent Insert||Molded on piece|
|Expansion Begins||250°F(1st Stage)|
|350°F (2nd Saage)|
|Volume Expansion||16 to 24x (free expansion)|
|In Service Temp.||≤130°F|
|Oven Aging||No Change (60°C) *|
|Humidity Exposure||No Change (60°C, 98% R.H.) *|
* Evaluation of physical properties and total expansion.
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
RELATED ARTICLES -
- CableOrganizer.com’s Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- Which Firestop Product Should I Use for My Application?
- Smoke Alarm Roundup
- Carbon Monoxide Safety Q&A
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030