What's special about Powerflor?
- Fully modular, and easy to install raised flooring system designed to save the user a great deal of time and labor costs, while simplifying any future additions or modifications to your work environment
- Pre-carpeted panels are available in 50 cm x 50 cm (19.69" x 19.69") tiles ideal for installation in all types of application, whether you need cable management for a small datacenter or large office with multiple power and data solutions
- Modular outlet system can be disconnected and reconnected without requiring any specialized tools; allowing users to easily make modifications without changing the entire floor plan to cover small oversights
- Read why PowerFlor is a good choice
- Click for More Features
The Powerflor Raised Floor Cable Management System offers a low profile, cost effective alternative to expensive drop floor and below floor cable try systems. These raised access floor panels are incredibly easy to install, and feature a fully modular outlet system which allows simple additions or changes without redesigning your entire floor plan.
*Pricing per panel does not include cabling.
Please Note: These are single panel prices. For job pricing please call.
All carpeting colors are as shown on images, colors may vary due to monitor settings.
|PF-COP-5000||Standard Panel with Foam||50 cm x 50 cm (19.69" x 19.69")|
|PF-COP-5001-E||Standard Panel with Duplex Power Outlet||50 cm x 50 cm (19.69" x 19.69")|
|PF-COP-5001-D||Standard Panel with Data Outlet||50 cm x 50 cm (19.69" x 19.69")|
25% Restocking Fee. No returns after 30 days.
Return authorization required - Please call
- Tiles are molded from an impact modified polycarbonate plastic that has been tested to support loads of up to 41,000 lbs per square foot, which is ideal for datacenters with high-density racks or enclosures
- Panels provide an additional 2" underneath for easy cable routing and management without requiring an expensive drop floor or cable tray system
- Carpeted panels shipped with a Volara foam underlay, which prevents lateral movements while reducing noise and vibration
- PVC free construction helps to ensure building codes are met, while greatly reducing potential health risks if the material encounters fire
- Each panel can have up to 4 grommets of either duplex power or data outlets to accommodate any floor plan
- For complete flooring systems including pre-wired outlets and ADA compliant entrance ramps, please give our friendly and very knowledgeable customer service a call TOLL FREE at (866) 222-0030 for a comprehensive project pricing
Powerflor© is a complete low profile cable management system that includes electrical power outlets and cabling, voice/data outlets and cabling, and a completely modular carpeted chaseway floor. Powerflor© is most frequently thought of as just another raised floor product - albeit "Low Profile", but just the same, a raised floor. The conventional raised floor serves only one purpose, to provide a horizontal space into which other building elements can be placed or used (i.e. wiring, air delivery, etc.). The conventional raised floor is usually provided as an additional contracting layer for the floor only, that is the finished surface, the outlets & wiring, etc. are all provided by different contractors, provided in the same fashion as they would be installed anywhere else, trades based, construction.
Powerflor© is an alternative means of providing the cabling infra-structure to an interior environment. By utilizing a pre-engineered, pre-manufactured, modular approach, we provide a totally flexible and re-usable cabling system that can easily and inexpensively adjust to the needs of the space, through many generations of space utilization.
The traditional construction approach, where each element is provided by different trades and installed to a specific requirement, results in a "use once, throw it away" scenario that wastes, time and money. And this condition remains, even when a conventional raised floor is used; the only thing that changes is the location of the hidden construction elements.
It works because... Since all of the panel assemblies are the same size, they can be interchanged with any other panel assembly. So panels with outlets in them can be changed with solid panels anywhere in the system. And since all of the cabling is Plug & Play, Outlets can be disconnected and re-connected at will, without any tools. But in most instances outlet relocations can occur without disconnection. And cabling is completely accessible by simply removing the panel assemblies that cover them.
Powerflor's benefits are most readily identified with and capitalized on, in those environments where the use of technology is intensive and or the connection location for use of the services, changes frequently. These types of environments are constantly servicing / upgrading the connectivity to their services and/or reconfiguring the locations where the connectivity is required.
Call Centers, Computer Training Rooms, IT Lab Areas, Conference Rooms & Centers, are all areas where these two conditions usually exist. Certainly our systems have been successfully used in other types of areas for various reasons, but the market Powerflor serves best, is those areas where computer use is extensive and or the churn rate is high. Conversely, if all you need is a place to hide wires, Powerflor© is usually not the best option.
|Powerflor Duplex Power Outlet||Powerflor Data Outlet|
- Data/Comm ACO Kit
- ACO Insert
- Pre-Terminated Cable
- LDS Utility Center
- Modular Data Outlet Kits with various connectors as required.
The standard Data/Comm system consists a modular Communication Outlet kit & Connection Insert and Pre-Terminated Category 5, 4 UTP Copper Cables. These cables are provided with a mod-edge connector on one end for connection into the back of the communication outlet kit and an RJ 45 on the other end for connection into a standard patch panel.
The total system is Plug & Play with no field punch down wiring required. The components just snap together and are easily changed or relocated.
The Data/Comm Outlet pushes into the top of the Power Port and the pre-terminated cabling is attached to the kit from the bottom.
The Electrical Power is a pre-manufactured wiring system that provides four 20 amp circuits per leg. All connections are multi-conductor quick-disconnect type that allow for connection and disconnect without tools. Four simple components make up this system: the Junction box which receives a Duplex outlet Insert identified with its circuit feed designation, a Double-Ended Cable Harness for connection between Junction boxes and a Single-Ended Cable Harness for connection to building.
- Junction Box
- Duplex Outlet Insert
- Cable Harnesses
The Electrical system consists of four basic parts, the Junction Box & Duplex Insert and the inter-connecting cable harnesses. The cable harnesses are available in various lengths and are provided as power input whips or double ended for connecting two junction boxes. The total system is Plug & Play with no hard wiring required. The components just snap together and cannot be connected incorrectly. The Duplex Inserts are numbered to identify which circuit is being used. The Electrical Outlets clip into the back of the Power Port using Spring Tension Clips and provides an easily accessible and very flexible electrical system.
Local Distribution System (LDS)
Standard Powerflor Local Distribution System, Utility Center provides the most flexible and cost effective means of providing "Zone Distribution". The LDS Utility Center is totally Plug & Play with no field punch down connections required. The Utility Center is integrated with the Powerflor Cable Management System and provides a mini-wiring closet for use as a consolidation or distribution point. The LDS Utility Center is provided with an open base that allows for it to be installed in the Cable Management System in place of any full panel. This allows for full cable access from under the flooring components to within the Utility Center.
The LDS Utility Center provides a standard 19" wire rack mounting and can be used for mounting patch panels or any required electronic devices (i.e. Hubs, Routers, Muses, Muxs, etc.). The Utility Center functions as the control point for up to 64 output service connections and can easily be changed or re-located.
|CONCENTRATED LOAD||CISCA SECTION I||1200 psi|
|ULTIMATE LOAD||CISCA SECTION II||2000 psi|
|UNIFORM LOAD||AMP SPEC 108-1782||10,000 psf|
|ROLLING LOAD||CISCA SECTION III||600 lbs|
|IMPACT LOAD||AMP SPEC 108-1782||15 lbs at 36" drop height|
|OVERALL HEIGHT||3 INCHES|
|UNDER PANEL HEIGHT FOR CABLING||2 INCHES|
|POLYCARBONATE||UL 94||V2 rating @ .06" thick|
|FOAM UNDERLAYMENT||MV SS-302
Pass (>1/2" thick)
|CARPET||ASTM E-648 (Radiant Panel)
ASTM D-2859 (Small Ignition)
|AMPINNERGY||UL||Listed: File #E132626|
|AMP ACO||UL||Listed: File #E81956|
*Criteria based on Milliken carpet
More Technical Information
- The Standard Powerflor Electrical System is as manufactured by Tyco/AMP and is their 8 Wire "Innergy" system
- This system provides four 20 ampere circuits per building feed
- Standard Powerflor System provides 20 ampere duplex outlet inserts
- Standard System provide three standard circuits (shared neutrals & grounds) and one isolated circuit
- Each outlet location is powered with all four circuits so Inserts can be easily changed for alternate circuit feed without rewiring
- Optional system configurations include two isolated circuits per building feed and isolated grounding for all circuits
- Standard Electrical System is completely shielded from Data/Comm cabling
Low Profile Wire Management floor system shall be manufactured by PowerflorUSA, Inc. Alternative products shall meet or exceed design criteria.
- Floor Panel Assemblies
- Dimensional Requirements
- Size: 50 cm x 50 cm (19.69" x 19.69")
- Dimensional Tolerances:
- Edge to Edge dimension: ± 0.015"
- Out of square (difference of diagonal dimensions): 0.035 maximum
- Dimensional Requirements
- Floor Pedestal Construction
- Polycarbonate with UL 94V-O Flame Class rating.
- Finish: One color.
- Floating 19.69 inch by 19.69 inch polycarbonate panels.
- Finished Height: Nominal 3 inches.
- Pedestal Assembly
- An 19.69 inch square panel assembly shall provide a 1,000 lb. axial load without permanent deformation.
- System Performance
- CONCENTRATED LOAD PERFORMANCE:
a) Panels shall be capable of supporting a concentrated load of 1,000 lbs. placed on a one square inch area at any location on the panel with a maximum top surface permanent set not to exceed 0.010 inches after load is removed.
- UNIFORM LOAD PERFORMANCE:
a) 9 inch by 9 inch panels shall be capable of supporting a uniform load of greater than 25,600 lbs.
- ULTIMATE LOAD PERFORMANCE:
a) This ultimate strength of the floor system shall provide a loading capacity of greater than 1,200 lbs. without failure. Failure is defined as the point at which the system will no longer accept the load.
- ROLLING LOAD PERFORMANCE:
a) Local and overall surface deformation shall not exceed 0.040 inches.
- IMPACT LOAD PERFORMANCE:
a) Panels and supporting understructure shall withstand without failure an impact load anywhere on the panel of 80 lbs. dropped from a height of 36 inches onto a one square inch area. Failure is defined as the point at which the panel will no longer accept the load.
- CONCENTRATED LOAD PERFORMANCE:
- Floor Surface Covering
- Finish the surface of floor panels with floor covering material or coatings indicated on contract drawings or in this specification. Where floor coverings are by the floor system manufacturer, the type, color and pattern to be selected from manufacturer's standards.
- Service outlets to be provided in locations as specified by architect and as detailed on the contract drawings. Outlets to accommodate power, communications and data wiring.
- Provide 2% spare floor panels for maintenance stock. Deliver to project in manufacturer's standard packages clearly marked with the contents.
- Floor system and accessories to be installed by the manufacturer's Authorized Installing Dealer to maintain the integrity of the products and acceptable performance of the completed installation.
- Examine sub floor for unevenness, irregularities, and dampness that would affect the quality and execution of the work.
- Do not proceed with installation until subfloor surfaces are clean, dry, and clear of other trades and ready to receive flooring system.
- Inspect POWERFLOR components for damage prior to installation.
- Preparation and Installation
- The floor system to be prepared and installed in accordance with the floor systems manufacturer's instructions covering preparation, layout, alignment, and installation.
- Installed floor system shall be level within plus or minus 0.125 inches in 10 feet, and plus or minus 0.10 inches over the entire area. Free of rocking panels.
- Provide cutouts, ramps, and closure trim as indicated and as needed. Minimize the number of cut panels. Layout panels to avoid less than 1/2 panel units. Scribe to accurately fit trim pieces.
- Adjust and Clean
- Remove floor system installation debris as work progresses, maintaining area under finished floor in a clean condition.
- The general contractor is to protect the finished floor system from damage and misuse.
Contractor shall provide submittals, materials, and installation of the complete cable management system, to include all flooring, ramps, rails, power, data, and communication components, as shown on the contract drawings and as specified in this document.
RELATED WORK NOT INCLUDED
- General Contractor shall provide clear access to and a clean, dry sub-floor area, free of construction debris or materials. No other trade activities shall be scheduled for the area to receive cable management system during the installation of the system. Sub-floor shall be provided level to specification (Cable Management System shall not be correctional). Area to receive system to be secure, dry, and maintained at a temperature range of 40 to 90 degrees F and a relative humidity range of 20% to 70%.
- Electrical Contractor shall provide all necessary material and labor to provide electrical service from the building to all Cable Management Systems power input points as specified. Electrical Contractor shall provide all labor necessary to connect Cable Management System, power input whips to electrical junction box or service panel as specified. Power input whips shall be provided to the electrical contractor by the Cable Management system contractor.
- Data/Comm Cabling Contractor shall provide all necessary material and labor to provide network and phone service from the building to all Cable Management Systems distribution centers or outlets as specified.
Low Profile Cable Management System provided as a complete integrated system to include finished carpet covered surface, electrical power outlets and all inter-connecting power cabling, communication outlets, data outlets, all data/comm. cabling, and intermediate wiring center suitable for bulk connection to building services. System shall provide a complete floor located Cable Management System (CMS) to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- No CMS component is to be mechanically or permanently affixed to the building structure in any fashion, except for power, data, and communication service connections.
- CMS shall not exceed 3" nominal height, to include all components except railings and intermediate wiring centers.
- Ramp access to the CMS to be provided not to exceed 18" in length, where ADA access is required not to exceed 36" in length.
- CMS shall support a weight load capacity of at least 41,000 lbs per square foot.
- CMS shall be provided in a panel configuration, to allow for the relocation of any panel, complete with finished surface, with any other panel in the system. Panel relocation to be accomplished without any disconnection or reconnection of any mechanical attachment devises. Panels shall be not less than 12" x 12" and not greater than 24" x 24" nominal, except edge panels provided to be field "cut to fit" to meet building constraints.
- CMS shall allow for power, data, or communication outlets to be located at a minimum of 9" center to center in both horizontal directions.
- All power, data, and communication outlets shall be provided flush mounted to panels as specified. Relocation of panels with outlets shall be accomplished without the disconnection of the outlets.
- All electrical power components shall be provided as part of a complete manufactured wiring system, UL-183 Listed and meeting National Electrical Code requirements as stated in Sections 604 & 605. System shall provide a minimum of four 20 ampere circuits per leg. All circuit shared neutral conductors shall be minimum size of 10 awg. All components to be UL rated at 20 amp. capacity.
- All data components provided shall meet EIA/TIA standards for Copper 4 UTP, Category 5 performance levels or greater. All communication components provided shall meet EIA/TIA standards for Category 3 performance levels or greater.
- All Data/Comm. Outlets and Jacks shall be provided as modular plug in type components that do not require field termination of cabling. All Data/Comm. Cabling shall be provided pre-terminated with appropriate modular end connectors for connection to outlets and wring closet.
- CMS shall include an intermediate wiring center as part of the system. The wiring center shall be provided to be located within the CMS and function as part of the data/comm. System as a distribution center or consolidation point. Center shall be inter-changeable with any panel location.
SYSTEM SHOP DRAWINGS, SAMPLES & PRODUCT DATA
- Submit drawings showing complete cable management system including panel layout and all system components.
- Submit details and descriptive notes for product data, maintenance, and warranty information.
- Submit for approval one full size panel with finished surface, understructure, and one each of power, data, and communications components.
Submit certified laboratory test data, UL Listing information, and appropriate reference information, which indicates the system complies with the performance specified herein.
what are the options (if any) for the carpet finish on Raised Floor system?
- The individual tiles we offer for this raised floor system do not have different color/style options for the carpet. Most installations of the raised floor system are done in the scale of a project (the size of a room or an entire floor of a building) rather than the individual tiles available on the website. Please contact our sales team to discuss project prices and different types of carpet available for the scale of project that fits your installation.
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030
The Top 5 Reasons to Choose PowerFlor©
If you operate a data center or computer training facility, you've probably found out the hard way that keeping up with changing demands for floor-space use and outlet configurations can be frustrating, time consuming and very expensive. CableOrganizer.com would like to introduce you to Powerflor©, a complete and modular raised floor system that covers all your needs, from outlets and wiring to carpet and cable management. If you're wondering what exactly makes Powerflor© such a great choice, here's a list of the things we love about it:
- It's everything you need, all rolled into one. Powerflor© is truly an all-inclusive solution: flooring, cable, electrical outlets, data/communications ports, carpet and cable management are all seamlessly integrated into a single product! Why hassle with so many separate components when you can cover all the bases (and very nicely, might we add) all in one shot?
- You can kiss that long line of sub-contractors goodbye. Because Powerflor© is so perfectly complete, there's no need for you to deal with the frustration, wasted time and expense that comes with finding and scheduling subcontractors for each individual component. Carpet laying, wiring and cable management are accomplished all in one simple step!
- It won't waste your time. In less time than it takes the typical subcontractor to work up final project plans, you can have a complete Powerflor© installation and be back in business! When you're running on a tight deadline, remember that time is money…need we say more?
- Your configuration can be changed anytime. Sometimes change just can't be avoided, especially in settings like data centers and computer training facilities. People are always coming and going, and workstation layouts have to be changed…how do you handle that? With Powerflor©, when the need arises for you to switch up your electrical outlet and data port configuration, there's no need to call in electricians or datacom/telecom technicians to place expensive new outlets…simply lift up the wired floor panels that need relocating, and place them exactly where you want them. Reconfiguration can be achieved in only minutes, and at no cost to you!
- You can take it with you. Ah, the beauty of a modular flooring system! Just think of it this way: if you pour a small fortune into customizing a work environment with permanent flooring, cable management and outlets, you'll just have to leave it all behind in the event of a relocation. On the other hand, a Powerflor© system gives you all the good stuff, but you actually get to take it with you on moving day!