Nelson PLW™ Firestop Pillows
Nelson PLW™ Firestop Pillows are ideal for permanent firestopping in locations where changes in cabling or cabling pathways are frequent. The compressible material allows you to easily install as many or as few as needed, and require no caulk or putty to hold them in place.
- Simple design is constructed of specially treated mineral fiber that is enclosed in a strong polyethylene bag
- Non-toxic-emits no toxic or hazardous fumes
- Reusable, making it ideal for maintaining the fire rated integrity of wall and floors in both temporary and permanent installations
- Unlimited shelf life prevents your products from expiring prior to use
- Easily penetrated, so cables or wires can be inserted without removing the PLW™
- To ease installation in especially tight spaces, a cable pulling lubricant can be used
Ideal for use:
- Steel and Aluminum Cable trays
- Wire ways
- Through wall applications
- Temporary closures
|Activation Temperature||Initial > 275°F (135°C)|
|k - Value||0.25 BTU in./hr. sq. ft. °F|
|Polyethylene Thickness||4 mils|
|Test Compliance||ASTM E119 and UL263, Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials|
|ASTM E814 and UL1479, Test method for through stop fire penetrations.|
|Approvals||Underwriters Laboratories Inc., Fill, Void or Cavity Material (XHHW) and (XHHW7), Factory Mutual
|Testing Data||For specific test criteria, refer to the UL Fire Resistance Directory|
|Storage & Handling||Nelson PLW™ should be stored in dry, covered locations at no greater temperature than 120° F
(49° C). There is no indication of shelf life limitations.
|Limitations||Nelson PLW™ should not be exposed to chemicals harmful to polyethylene. Service temperature shall not exceed 275ºF (135ºC).|
|NFS-AA478||Small Nelson PLW Firestop Pillow||3" x 4" x 9.6"||0.5 lb|
|NFS-AA479||Large Nelson PLW Firestop Pillow||3" x 8" x 9.6"||1 lbs|
- CableOrganizer.com’s Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- Creating a Fire Protection Plan for Your Business
- Which Firestop Product Should I Use for My Application?
- How to Fireproof Your Server Room
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if weíre missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!