What's special about this USB Adapter?
- Allows you to quickly and easily connect your hi-speed USB 2.0 port to a SATA 150 or IDE external drive for effortless data transfer, back up and storage
- Can handle data transfer SATA 150 speeds up to 1.5 Gbps and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 speeds up to 480 Mbps
- Features 48-bit Logical Block Addressing (LBA) for drives up to 750GB
- Click for More Features
Connect desktop and notebook computers using a USB port to allow for quick and easy transfer between the devices. In today's high tech world, backing up data is paramount to all that you do - and this USB adapter makes it simple.
|ICI-179195||Manhattan Hi-Speed USB 2.0 to
SATA/IDE Adapter w/ Power Supply
|2.75" H x 1.75" W x 0.5" D||0.67 lb|
Your USB adapter can serve as a conduit or bridge by allowing the transfer of data between SATA 150 and IDE external drives when both are simultaneously attached.
Versatile as it is easy to use, this USB adapter is compatible with all types of drives up to 5.25". This includes 2.5" notebook computer drives and standard 3.5" CD/DVD, ZIP and magnetic optical drives. A power supply that supports drives with higher usage requirements is included with your unit.
The most stringent quality controls are enforced in the manufacturing standards to ensure the highest quality in all MANHATTAN products.
- Sized to be used with external SATA 150 and IDE hard disks and CD/DVD drives up to 5.25"
- Plug-and-play unit is operational straight out of the box, with no set up stress for you
- Hot-swappable feature allows you to load new hardware without disrupting your ongoing operations
- Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux
- Lifetime manufacturer's warranty
|Standards and certifications:||Hi-Speed USB 2.0
Complies with ATA/ATAOI-100 spec v1.0 standards
|Ports::(1)||(1) Hi-Speed USB 2.0 type A male
(1) SATA 150 L-type male
(1) IDE 40-pin
(1) IDE 44-pin
|Transfer interfaces:||Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Maximum transfer rate:||480 Mbps|
|Power supply:||Input: 100 to 250 VAC; 50/60 Hz maximum 0.5A
Output: 5 V/2A; 12 V/2 A
|Cables:||USB - 30" (76.2 cm)
SATA - 4" (10 cm)
4-pin Housing/SATA Y-type - 4" (10 cm)
Power - 67" (1.7 m)
|System requirements:||Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10, Linux|
|Dimensions:||2.75"H x 1.75"W x 0.5"D (3.8 x 2.5 x 1.25 cm)|
|Weight:||0.67 lb. (303 g) with power supply|
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS -
Do not store or operate this device in conditions of excessive heat or humidity. If the initial installation attempt fails, go to My Computer>Control Panel>System Properties>Device Manager and remove any items tagged with a question mark (?) or exclamation point (!).
- Connect the Hi-Speed USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE Adapter to the HDD IDE port and the computer's USB port
- Windows will detect a new device and automatically install the driver (no added software is needed)
- To verify the connection, go to My Computer>Control Panel>System Properties>Device Manager
- Open "Hard disk controllers" to display the newly added hard disk drive.
- If connecting to a brand new hard disk drive, use "Fdisk" to set its capacity. NOTE: This will destroy any data on the HDD. Back up any data on the drive first if it needs to be saved. Format the HDD using standard procedures.
- What's the Difference Between USB and FireWire?
- Productivity on the Go: Retractable Ethernet Cable
- Office Mod: Update Your Workspace in 5 Simple Steps
- The Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Cable-Manage Your Business
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts