Articles on Cables & Wires
Every wondered what a USB pinout looks like? Need to know the difference between cable shielding and insulation? Maybe you just want to find out which type of speaker wire will work best for your audio setup, or how component video cables work. From HDMI and Ethernet to FireWire and Coax –whatever your question, if has to do with cables and wires, the CableOrganizer.com Learning Center is the place to find answers.
- What is the Difference Between USB and FireWire?
- Understanding USB Port Pinouts
- USB Cable FAQs
- Productivity on the Go: Retractable Ethernet Cable
- The Facts on American Wire Gauge (AWG)
- Getting Wired: How to Choose the Right Speaker Wire for Your Home Audio System
- HDMI Cable Q&A
- Component Video Cables Demystified
- What Is The Difference Between Cat 5, Cat 5e, and Cat 6 Cable?
- Coaxial Cable FAQs
- Residential Network Installations
- How Do Baluns Work?
- What's the Difference Between Solid and Stranded RJ45 Plugs?
- What is Plenum Cable, and When Should I Use It?
- Network Wiring Instructions
- What Makes a Good HDMI Cable?
- What is the Difference Between Cable Shielding and Insulation?
- Key Elements for Cable Installation Success
- Wire Wrapping Technology
- The RJ11 Jack and What It's Used For
- What’s the Difference Between T568A and T568B?
- How HDMI 1.3 Makes High-Def Connections Better Than Ever
- How to Terminate With an RJ45 Connector
- How to Wire a Keystone Jack
- How to Crimp an F-Connector
- How to Test an RJ45 Connection
- How to Remotely Test RJ45 Terminated Cables
- Where in the World is General Cable?
- HDMI 1.4: Setting New Standard for High Definition Ethernet, Audio and 3D
- HDMI Connector Pinout Explained
- How to Organize iPhone Cords
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if we're missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!