Kwikpath Riser Optical Fiber & Communication Cable Raceways
KWIKPATH Riser is the backbone of the structured cabling system and is used for all riser rated applications. It is ideal to protect and manage fiber optic and telecom / datacom cabling installations at a very affordable price.
- With its corrugated PVC, riser cables are protected from being damaged or snagged as they are pulled through the raceway
- Packaging in reels for large riser projects or easy to use 200 foot coil pull tape boxes that will dispense only the amount required
- Made from flexible PVC corrugated product to ensure certification for all riser applications
- Riser raceway is available in 3/4” to 2” sizes in convenient 200-foot corrugated pull tape boxes or in reels up to 5000 feet with pull tape and sequential markers every foot for larger projects
- You can measure just the right amount of riser raceway for your project and use fewer riser couplings
- Riser reels for large jobs are disposable so you don’t have to store them or return them
- Kwikpath riser raceway requires no special tools for installation and can be cut to size with a regular utility knife scissor style utility knife
- Y-Coupler is a unique coupler used to branch off from an existing corrugated raceway without removing existing cables and using large expensive pull boxes
- The KWIKPATH riser raceway can be bent by hand to get around twists and turns in areas where space is limited saving on all overall costs
- Riser fittings are a simple snap on style with six locking tabs to make sure the fittings stay connected eliminating the need for cement or screws to hold the coils or couplings together
- UV Packaging to protect your riser raceway product until installed
- 3 Year Warranty
Inside and Outside Diameters - Dimensional specifications are applied to nonmetallic conduit in order that they may fulfill their function of housing cabling without causing abrasion when cables are pulled through the inside of the conduit. Wall thickness is specified so that the conduit adequately protects the conductors inside from damage. Fittings are to be provided with end stops (centering stop for a coupling). The maximum inside diameter of the stop cannot exceed the minimum outside diameter of the conduit.
|Trade Size of Conduit (in.)||Inside Diam. Min||Inside Diam. Max||Outside Diam. Min||Outside Diam. Max|
|21 (3/4")||0.774" (19.66mm)||0.834" (21.18mm)||1.021" (25.91mm)||1.061" (26.92mm)|
|27 (1")||1.000" (26.90mm)||1.060" (26.90mm)||1.286" (32.64mm)||1.326" (33.65mm)|
|35 (1 1/4")||1.329" (33.73mm)||1.393" (35.36mm)||1.630" (41.35mm)||1.673" (42.47mm)|
|41 (1 1/2")||1.559" (39.57mm)||1.623" (41.20mm)||1.869" (47.45mm)||1.913" (48.56mm)|
|53 (2")||2.016" (51.18mm)||2.081" (52.81mm)||2.324" (59.00mm)||2.388" (60.63mm)|
Radius of Bends - Any bends must be made so that the optical fiber and communication cable raceway will not be damaged and the internal diameter of the optical fiber and communication cable raceway will not be effectively reduced. Bends can be made manually without auxiliary equipment. However, the radius of the curve to the centerline of such bends shall not be less than shown in the following table
|Conduit Size||Radius of Bends|
|3/4" (21mm)||5" (127mm)|
|1 (27mm)||6" (152.4mm)|
|1 1/4" (35mm)||8" (203.2mm)|
|1 1/2" (41mm)||10" (254mm)|
|2" (53mm)||12" (304.8mm)|
Riser Test Standards - The riser test is used for evaluating flame propagation of riser raceways. Samples are installed vertically in a shaft simulating a run between 2 floors, with the raceways installed full width on a 16' long metal cable tray and subjected to a defined test flame at the bottom with an exhaust air flow of 700 ft./min.
|Equivalent Standard||UL1666||Clause 6.16 of CSA C22.2 No. 211.0|
|Flame Propagation Height||< 12 ft.||< 3.7 m|
|Temperature at 3.7m (12 ft.) Height||850°F||454°C|
|Difference in Flame Propagation Heights for 2 Tests||15%||15%|
Test Standards Used - The test standards used for testing the physical properties of optical fiber and communication cable raceway for the United States and Canada.
|Heat Shock||UL2024||ULC/ORD C2024|
|Cold Bend||UL2024||ULC/ORD C2024
|Fitting Pull-Out||UL1653 Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing||CSA C22.1 No. 227.1
Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing
KWIKPATH MEETS ALL BUILDING REGULATIONS
Eliminate all building compliance concerns and pass inspection knowing every part of your fittings and raceway system 100% meets all UL, NEC, NFPA, and EIA/TIA requirements.
EIA/TIA – Meets all commercial building telecommunications cable protection and performance codes.
NEC 2005 (National Electric Code) governs the removal of abandoned cables in air handling spaces, Kwikpath is in compliance with articles 770 and 800 with its convenient way to remove and replace cable through the Kwikpath raceway.
NFPA- (National Fire protection Association) meets all cable management requirements for air plenums, ducts and other environmental air spaces.
UL2024 General Purpose-certified to meet standards for flame damage and flame test.
PLEASE NOTE: These products ship in 1 week
There is a 25% restock fee for returns
|Riser Raceway - Coil with Pull Tape|
|KP-R125TC||1 1/4"||200'||24.2 lbs||31.5" x 14" x 31.5"|
|PART#||DESCRIPTION||SIZE||WEIGHT||QUANTITY PER PACK||PRICE|
|KP-RC125||Kwikpath Resi (Riser) Coupling||1 1/4"||4.2 lbs||30|
|KP-RC150||Kwikpath Resi (Riser) Coupling||1 1/2"||4.6 lbs||30|
|Terminal Adapter C/W Lockout|
|KP-KRTA100||Kwikpath Resi Riser Terminal Adapter C/W Lockout||1"||3 lbs||50|
|KP-KRTA150||Kwikpath Resi Riser Terminal Adapter C/W Lockout||1 1/2"||3.3 lbs||30|
- Kwikpath Technical Guide (PDF)
- Kwikpath Brochure (PDF)
- View Y-Coupler Specs and Installation Info (PDF)
- View Clamps & Spacers Specs (PDF)
Installing Kwikpath is Easy
1. UNROLL KWIKPATH TO DESIRED LENGTH
Available in convenient coil lengths of 200 ft. and reel lengths up to 1000 ft., Kwikpath gives you the flexibility to measure out end-to-end home-run systems with fewer couplings. Convenient lightweight coil lengths are easy to handle and disposable reels ensure you don’t have to store and return large steel reels.
2. CUT KWIKPATH WITH AN IPEX CUTTER
For straight cuts every time, use our scissor-style cutting tool. However, no special tools or cutting equipment are required.You can even cut Kwikpath with a regular utility knife.
3. MAKE BENDS AND TURNS BY HAND
Kwikpath is so lightweight and flexible you can bend, turn and manipulate it by hand to install it easily around irregular curves and in tight spaces.This flexibility allows you to get the job done right the first time, reducing wasted material and time.
4. SIMPLY SNAP CONNECTIONS TOGETHER
Kwikpath’s unique snap-on fittings make terminating or coupling quick and easy, and six locking tabs ensure the fittings stay connected. No messy cementing or screws to tighten.
5. PULL CABLE THROUGH KWIKPATH
Kwikpath’s interior corrugated surface reduces pull-forces and friction, so pulling wires through the tubing is considerably easier than through metal tubing. And you can pull cables through longer raceways without worrying about damage to the cables.
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if weíre missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!