Greenlee EK628 Crimping Tool
The GL-EK628 is lighter than the other battery powered 6 ton crimping tools, weighing in at just over 5 pounds, as opposed to the standard 8 to 10 pound tools. It is lighter than even the manual version (non-battery powered crimpers). The EK628 also allows the user to keep one hand free to hold and position the connector. It's 6 tons of crimping power in one hand. The crimper's jaws open automatically signaling the user that the crimp is done. The push of a button will open the jaws during a crimp if necessary.
- UL and cUL classified from 8 AWG to 600 kcmil with Anderson, Blackburn®, Burndy, ILSCO, Panduit, Thomas & Betts, and Penn-Union copper code color-coded connectors when used with Greenlee KC22 crimping dies.
- UL & cUL classified to 350 kcmil (MCM) with Anderson, Blackburn®, Burndy, ILSCO, Panduit, Thomas & Betts, and Penn-Union aluminum code color-coded connectors when used with Greenlee KA22 crimping dies.
- When equipped with CJD3 crimping jaws, can be used with all industry "W" style crimping dies.
- When equipped with CJK crimping jaws, can be used with Thomas & Betts "6Ton" crimping dies.
|Crimping Force||6 tons (53 kN)|
|Length||18-1/4" (465 mm)|
|Width (jaws open)||4-1/4" (108 mm)|
|Weight||5.4 lbs (2.47 kg)|
|Ship Weight||7.5 lbs|
|Battery||9.6 Volt, 1.3 Ah [Ni-Cd that provides an average 70 crimps per battery charge|
|Crimp Cycle Time||6 seconds|
|Battery Charge Time||1 hour|
|GL-EK628-11||Crimping Tool with 120 Volt Battery||7.45 lbs|
|GL-EK628-D22||Crimping Tool with 230 Volt Battery||7.45 lbs|
|GL-CJD3||Replacement Crimping Jaw||1.23 lbs|
|GL-CJK||Replacement Crimping Jaw||2.75 lbs|
|GL-K22S1GL||Copper Die Kit||6.20 lbs|
|GL-KD06AL||Aluminum Die Kit||4.85 lbs|
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Different Crimpers Offer a Variety of Features
- Reasons Every Network Technician Needs a Good Tool Kit
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if we’re missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!