What's special about this Greenlee Crimping Tool?
- 6-ton crimping force which opens to notify the user the job is done
- Choice of 12V, 120V or 230V battery pack
- Included with crimper: two batteries, battery charger, and molded carrying case
- Simple and light enough to use with one hand
- 350° rotational ability of crimping clamp
- 70 crimps per battery charge with a 6-second crimp cycle time
- One year manufacturer warranty
- Click for More Features
The GL-EK628 is lighter than the other battery powered 6 ton crimping tools, weighing in at just over 5 pounds, as opposed to the standard 8 to 10 pound tools. It is lighter than even the manual version (non-battery powered crimpers). The EK628 also allows the user to keep one hand free to hold and position the connector. It's 6 tons of crimping power in one hand. The crimper's jaws open automatically signaling the user that the crimp is done. The push of a button will open the jaws during a crimp if necessary.
|GL-EK628-11||Crimping Tool with 120 Volt Battery||7.45 lbs|
|GL-EK628-D22||Crimping Tool with 230 Volt Battery||7.45 lbs|
- UL and cUL classified from 8 AWG to 600 kcmil with Anderson, Blackburn®, Burndy, ILSCO, Panduit, Thomas & Betts, and Penn-Union copper code color-coded connectors when used with Greenlee KC22 crimping dies.
- UL & cUL classified to 350 kcmil (MCM) with Anderson, Blackburn®, Burndy, ILSCO, Panduit, Thomas & Betts, and Penn-Union aluminum code color-coded connectors when used with Greenlee KA22 crimping dies.
- When equipped with CJD3 crimping jaws, can be used with all industry "W" style crimping dies.
- When equipped with CJK crimping jaws, can be used with Thomas & Betts "6Ton" crimping dies.
|Crimping Force||6 tons (53 kN)|
|Length||18-1/4" (465 mm)|
|Width (jaws open)||4-1/4" (108 mm)|
|Weight||5.4 lbs (2.47 kg)|
|Ship Weight||7.5 lbs|
|Battery||9.6 Volt, 1.3 Ah [Ni-Cd that provides an average 70 crimps per battery charge|
|Crimp Cycle Time||6 seconds|
|Battery Charge Time||1 hour|
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Different Crimpers Offer a Variety of Features
- Reasons Every Network Technician Needs a Good Tool Kit
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts