What's special about this polyolefin heat shrinkable tubing?
- High performance 2:1 heat shrink material secures, bundles, and protects cables, wire and hoses
- Superior quality designed for government/military, industrial and commercial applications
- UL Listed and VW1 Flame Tested to resist high temperatures, chemicals and oils for ultimate protection
- Click for More Features
This high performance, multi purpose polyolefin heat shrinkable tubing meets/exceeds all specifications for electrical, chemical and physical properties. It is designed for a wide range of applications, including military and commercial, and for the consumer/OEM market requiring Underwriters Laboratories and/or Canadian Standards approval. Buy heat shrink tubing that is used extensively for cable and wire harnessing, strain relief, insulation, color-coding, identification and protection.
- Available in 17 sizes to securely cover a variety of applications, such as terminating the ends of braided sleeving, or neatly bundling a group of cables together
- Chose from 12 colors for color coding wiring, or to match the cable jacket when protecting a splice
- Meets or exceeds all Military specifications for a reliable quality installation
- LG heat shrinkable and non-shrinkable tubing products do not contain the compound Di (2-ethylhexyl) phthalate commonly referred to as DEHP
- In addition, LG heat shrinkable and non-shrinkable tubing products do not contain PFOS (perfluoroctane sulfonate), PFOA (perfluorocanoic acid) or Tinuvin 320
Due to the nature of heat shrink, it does shrink length wise as well as the diameter 2:1 heat shrink will shrink 7% or less in the axial direction during the shrink process
UV Reactive or Glow in the Dark Heat Shrink
We now stock PVC heat shrink, in bright highly UV reactive neon colors. It is available in a 2:1 shrink ratio, and three sizes (1/4", 3/8", 1/2"). For more information and pricing, click here.
Adhesive Lined Tubing
Our 2:1 heat shrink tubing is also available with a “dual-wall” construction. During application, the inner layer melts and flows, creating an adhesion layer to ensure a snug fit to your harness and/or connector. It is also recommended for applications that require a water-tight seal to protect wire, cable and connector components.
2:1 Dual Wall requires a 100 FT Minimum Purchase. Please Call 1-866-222-0030
For orders less than 100 FT, Click here to see our 3:1 Dual Wall
- View Military Specifications and a Manufacturers' Cross Reference
- View Measurement Conversion Chart
- 2:1 is now ROHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Compliant
- Not sure what size to use? Click here
Expanded as supplied
Fully recovered after heating
|SIZE||Internal Diameter Minimum
|Internal Diameter Maximum
|Minimum Total Wall Thickness
|Standard Spool Length|
2:1 Heat Shrink Tubing Technical Specifications
|PROPRIETARY||TEST METHOD||TYPICAL VALUE|
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D 638||13 N/mm²|
|Elongation at Break||ASTM D 638||400%|
|Longitudinal Change||ASTM D 2671||+5%,-5% maximum|
|Water Absorption||ASTM D 570||0.15% Maximum|
|Specific Gravity||ASTM D 792||1.4|
|Dielectric Strength||ASTM D 2671||25kV/mm|
|Volume Resistivity||ASTM D 257||10@ 14 ohm.cm|
|Cooper Corrosion||ASTM D 2671 B||Good|
|Continuous Operating Temperature||-55°C to +135VC|
|Minimum Shrink Temperature||>90°C|
|Heat Shock 4 hours at 250°C||ASTM D 2671||No dripping, cracking or flowing|
|Heat Aging 168 hours at 150°C||ASTM D 638||Elongation 300%|
|Low Temperature Flexibility -55°C||ASTM D 2671C||No cracking|
|Flammability||UL 224 VWI||Pass (colors only)|
*Clear Tubing is not Flame Retardant
UL 224 125°C, 600V, VW-1
CSA-C22.2 No. 198-M1986 125°C, 600V
File LR33298 Guide 400-U-9
RELATED ARTICLES -
- How do we measure Heat Shrink?
- Heat Shrink Tubing: How It Was Invented, and Why We Use It
- Instructions on how to use Heat Shrink Tubing.
- Terminate the ends of your Braided Sleeving?
- The Handyman's Guide to Improvisation: 7 New Ways to Use Heat Shrink Tubing
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866-222-0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Quality Construction
- Bundling wire
I use these heat shrink tubes on the job constantly and I am such a big fan that I actually began using them in my own home. They offer security, the selection of colors is fantastic for helping to differentiate between wire bundles, and they are very easy to use. The quality is great for a terrific price! Thank you CableOrganizer!
- Primary use:
- Was this a gift?: