What's special about these heat shrinkable connectors?
- Equipped with a valve stem that allows you to monitor pressure changes, release gases, or input air as needed.
- Made of strong heat-shrinkable polyolefin to withstand the rigors of daily wear and tear.
- Equipped with an hot-melt adhesive that adheres to, and seals, hose or pipe ends.
- For an added measure, use steel cable ties to secure the end cap.
- Click for More Features
These heat shrink end caps are a step above the rest. Their unique design is equipped with a stem valve to release extra pressure or gases, as well as hot-melt adhesive to create a weathertight seal.
|Part #||Size||ID Before
- Adhesive applied on the inner ring in a corkscrew pattern for even coverage and an airtight, wateright seal.
- Easy to install and apply; simply attach firmly and shrink using a heat shrink gun.
Ideal for Use on:
- Pipe ends
- Sealing off heat shrinkable boots
- Sealing hoses
- Repair/replacement of existing large stem valves
- Automotive applications
|Operating Temperature Range||n/a||-55°C to 110°C (-67°F to 230°F)|
|Shrink Temperature||n/a||120°C (248°F)|
|Tensile Strength||ISO 37||14 MPA minimum|
|Ultimate Elongation||ISO 37||400% minimum|
|Specific Gravity||ISO 1183||1.95 maximum|
|Electric Strength||IEC 243||15KV/mm minimum|
|Corrosion(Copper Contact and Copper Mirror)||ASTM D2671||No corrosion|
|Water Absorption||ISO 62||0.5% maximum|
8.8 MPA minimum
|Fungus Resistance||ISO 846||No fungal growth|
|Material||Alternate Name||Limiting Oxygen Index (LOI)||Category|
|ECTFE (Ethylene chlorotrifluoroethylene)||Halar||64%||Self-Extinguishing|
|Nylon 6:6||N/A||Ranges from 24-29%||Slow Burning to Self-Extinguishing|
|PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate)||Mylar (film), Dacron (fiber)||Ranges from 21-34%||Slow Burning to Self-Extinguishing|
|Polypropylene (PP)||Polythene (in the UK)||17%||Flammable|
|Polyvinyl Choride (PVC)||N/A||Ranges from 45-49%||Self-Extinguishing|
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Heat Shrink Tubing: How It Was Invented, and Why We Use It
- How to use Heat Shrink Tubing
- How do we measure Heat Shrink?
- The Handyman's Guide to Improvisation: 7 New Ways to Use Heat Shrink Tubing
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 1-833-3CABLEORG (1-833-322-2536)>
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts