What's special about the Bentley Harris Expando®?
- Excellent cut through and abrasion resistance
- Operating temperature ranges from -103° F to 257° F (-75° C to 125° C)
- Tough, lightweight oversleeves protect cable assemblies, hoses and wire harnesses from chafing, cutting and abrading
- Open-weave construction of Expando products enables each size to expand to fit several application shapes and sizes
- Open-weave construction also makes them highly flexible and resistant to trapping water, heat and humidity
- UL recognized component
- Applications in the aeronautical, marine, electronic and general manufacturing industries
- All Bentley Harris products are RoHS compliant and have an indefinite shelf life. ISO 14001 & TS16949 certified
- Click for More Features
Expando® PT Plus is a braided polyester (PET) sleeving designed for applications up to 125º C. A general purpose industrial/commercial product, Expando PT Plus balances the properties of mechanical and thermal stability with economy.
Please Note: These products ship within 5 weeks
Standard color is black. For any other color please call
|PART #||NOMINAL SIZE||MIN. DIAMETER||MAX. DIAMETER||COLOR||FEET / SPOOL||PRICE|
|PART #||DESCRIPTION||NOMINAL SIZE||MIN. DIAMETER||MAX. DIAMETER||COLOR||PRICE / FT|
|BSBHPT050-BK||Bentley Harris Expando PT||1/2"||1/4"||3/4"||Black|
For a lower cost alternative, see our Non-Fray PET
Bentley-Harris® Expando products are tough, lightweight oversleeves used to protect cable assemblies, hoses and wire harnesses from chafing, cutting and abrading. The open-weave construction of Expando products enables each size to expand to fit several application shapes and sizes. This open-weave construction also makes them highly flexible and resistant to trapping water, heat and humidity.
The patented Bentley-Harris Plus treatment makes end termination neater and easier. The Plus treatment creates a webbing between the filaments of the sleeving to reduce end fray during installation and through the life of the product. Because of the fray-resistant properties of Expando® PT Plus, it can be cut with ordinary scissors, which reduces assembly time and eliminates the need for proper ventilation equipment required for hot-knife cutting.
Expando PT Plus protective oversleeve has many applications in the aeronautical, marine, electronic and general manufacturing industries. The ability of Expando PT Plus to retain flexibility at low temperatures makes it ideal for exposed applications in weather stations, navigation beacons, radar antennas, airborne and space systems.
*All Bentley Harris products are ROHS compliant and have an indefinite shelf life. ISO 14001 & TS16949 certified.
View RoHS Certificate - PDF
Performance Data - Expando® PT Plus
|Melt Temperature||ASTM D-2117||250ºC|
|Smoke Density||ASTM E-1354||Dmc = 2.05|
|Copper Corrosivity||MIL-I-23053||No Effect|
RELATED ARTICLES -
HOW-TO CORNER -
- How to Install Expandable Braided Sleeving (PDF)
- How to Terminate Braided Sleeving
- How to Determine Which Product Diameter You Need
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866-222-0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts