What's special about this fire sealant?
- Elastomeric, one-part, water-based, intumescent, firestopping sealant designed for use in penetrations and construction joints where firestop is needed to keep fire, smoke, gasses and water out
- Dries to the touch quickly; skin develops within 2 hours and is tack-free within approximately 10-15 minutes which means it is ready to be painted, although it is best to wait 72 hours
- Rated up to 3 hours for fire protection
- Click for More Features
Nelson Firestop Sealant (LBS3™) is ideally suited for for firestopping through-penetrationsof non-combustible pipe, insulated pipe and combustible pipe (such as PVC, PEX, CPVC and ABS) in floors or walls. It can applied using a standard caulk gun, bulk loader, or trowel. If you are working with a large area, it can be pumped directly from the pail.
To apply, begin on the edge of the opening and ensure that the sealant makes complete contact with the inside surface of the opening, as well as the surface of the penetrating item(s).
- No-sag (thixotropic), halogen-free formula won’t drip even when applied overhead, and is safe to work with
- Because it is water based, it is easy to clean and there are no special handling or disposal requirements
- Endothermic quality allows the sealant to absorb heat and release chemically-bound water
- Able to withstand extremely cold temperatures and thaw without expanding or contracting
- Acoustically tested to reduce noise transmission
- One year manufacturer warranty
Use to seal construction openings, blank openings and penetrating items against the passage of flame, noxious gas, smoke and water. Restores fire rated construction to its original integrity.
|Chemical Name / Class||Polyvinyl Acetate and Acrylic Latex Based Emulsion|
|Product Use||Elastomeric Intumescent Firestop Sealant|
|Odor||Mild Latex Odor|
|Cure Time||Approx 2 hour|
|Full Cure||3 to 4 weeks|
|Density||10.0 lbs / gallon|
|VOC Content||10.86 g/l|
|Application Temperature||40° to 90° F (4° to 32° C)|
|Activation Temperature||Exp. begins @ 250°|
|Standards||ASTM E84 and UL 723|
|Test Methods||ASTM E90; ASTM E814 & UL 1479; ASTM E1966 & UL 2079; ASTM C719|
|Storage||between 40° to 90° F (4° to 32° C); protect from freezing|
|Shelf Life||1 year from date of shipment|
|Relative Vapor Density (air = 1)||>1|
|Evaporation Rate (n-BuAc = 1)||1|
|Specific Gravity (water = 1)||Not available|
|Solubility in Water||Appreciable|
|Boiling Point||>100° C (212° F)|
|Vapor Pressure, mm Hg @ 20° C||Unknown|
|Bulk Density (lbs / Cubic Foot)||n/a|
|% Volatiles (gr/L)||(70° F / 21° C) 10.86 g/l 10|
|Decomposition Products||Carbon dioxide, Carbon monoxide, Low molecular weight hydrocarbons, Aldehydes|
|Hazardous Polymerization||Will not occur|
|Conditions to Avoid||Strong oxidizers, strong acids|
Composition & Information on Ingredients
|Ingredient||CAS #||Percent (Max)|
|2-Porpenoic acid, polymer||052640-81-0||10-20|
|Phenol, isopropylated, phosphate (3:1)||068937-41-7||5-10|
|Polyvinyl Acetate Emulsion||NJ801415075P||10-20|
|Silicic acid, sodium salt||001344-09-8||5-10|
- Creating a Fire Protection Plan for Your Business
- 10 Ways to Prevent Hazardous Energy Injuries in the Workplace
- CableOrganizer.com’s Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- Which Firestop Product Should I Use for My Application?
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866-222-0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts