What's special about these pocket fiber meters?
- A simple to use design with 9 traceable calibration wavelengths makes these testers the ideal solution for measuring absolute / relative light levels or test tones on single mode, multimode or plastic optical fiber (POF) systems
- SC adapter included and optional (sold separately) ST, FC, and LC interchangeable adapters available
- Compact design is small enough to fit into a shirt pocket, yet rugged enough to survive a 2 meter drop onto a hard surface
- Click for More Features
KI 9600 Series pocket-sized optical power meters from Kingfisher International provide datacom technicians with a compact, more affordable solution for testing power and loss on all types of fiber optic systems.
|KI-9600-GE||Kingfisher 9600 Series Optical Power Meter GE||0.33 lb|
|KI-9600-INGAAS||Kingfisher 9600 Series Optical Power Meter InGaAs||0.33 lb|
|KI-9600-H5||Kingfisher 9600 Series Optical Power Meter H5 (InGaAs)||0.33 lb|
|KI-9600-H3B||Kingfisher 9600 Series Optical Power Meter H3B (InGaAs)||0.33 lb|
|KI-OPT060||Connector Adaptor, Ceramic Sleeve, SC/E2000 Blue||0.8 lb|
|KI-OPT060G||Connector Adaptor, Ceramic Sleeve, SC/E2000 Green||0.8 lb|
|KI-OPT071||Connector Adaptor, Ceramic Sleeve, SC/LSA,DIN Blue||0.8 lb|
|KI-OPT080||Connector Adaptor, Ceramic Sleeve, SC/MU||0.8 lb|
|KI-OPT081||Connector Adaptor, Ceramic Sleeve, SC /Universal 2.5mm||0.8 lb|
|KI-OPT082||Connector Adaptor, SMA 905/906||0.8 lb|
Available in an improved InGaAs or High powered InGaAs detector to provide a single optimal solution for all 600 - 1650 nm applications with a fiber core diameter of up to 200 microns. A conveniently-placed clip allows this pocket fiber meter to easily be stored and carried in your pants pocket, shirt pocket, or tool bag.
- Displays mW, μW, nW, dB, dBm to 0.01 dB resolution, with a separate reference provided so that each λ (wavelength) can be stored as well
- Compatible with a large range of fiber optic systems; calibration ranges from 660, 850, 1300, 1310, 1390, 1490, 1550, 1610, and 1625 nm (calibration varies depending on model)
- Traceable 2% accuracy for reliable fiber testing every time
- Incredibly tough construction provides moisture resistance, and includes rubber corners and captive dust cap that can survive harsh environments.
- Interchangeable connectors are dust and drop protected, limiting costly replacements and repairs
- New technology InGaAs detector is the preferred meter for providing a single optimized solution for multimode & single mode testing from 800-1650 nm
- Efficient design provides up to 300 hours of use from only 2 AAA alkaline batteries, reducing operating cost significantly over the life of the tester
- Tone detector and Multi-Fiber ID function identifies up to 12 fibers when used in conjunction with KI-9800 light sources
- Display holds measurements for maximum/minimum recording
- Connectors are metal-free to avoid contaminating the connectors in high power systems
- IEC, EMC, ICES, and FCC compliant
- NATA, ILAC-MRA accredited for world recognized traceable calibration
- 3 year manufacturer’s warranty and calibration cycle
- SC metal-free interchangeable connector adaptor
- Operation manual on CD
- NATA (ILAC) traceable calibration certificates
- Soft carry pouch
- FC metal-free interchangeable connector adaptor
- ST metal-free interchangeable connector adaptor
- LC interchangable connector adapter
- Please call for other available adapters
KI 9600 Series Technical Specifications
|Detector Type||Response λ nm||Damage level dBm||Calibration λ nm||Power Range dBm||Tone & multifiber ID sensitivity dBm||Mid range linearity 1dB||Calibration Accuracy2%||Polarization Sensitivity dB||Total Uncertainty3dB||λ Sensitivity ± 30 nm5 dB|
|InGaAs||600 ~ 1700||+15||660, 850, 1300, 1310, 1390, 1490, 1550, 1610, 1625||+5 ~ -60||-40
|800 ~ 1700||+27⁴||850, 1300, 1310, 1390, 1490, 1550, 1610, 1625||+24 ~ -40||-20
|800 ~ 1700||+25||850, 1300, 1310, 1390, 1490, 1550, 1610, 1625||+15 ~ -50||-30
|Ge||600 ~ 1650||+15||660, 850, 1300, 1310, 1390, 1490, 1550, 1610, 1625||+10 ~ -60||-45
Note 1: Mid range linearity excludes top 3 dB and bottom 10 dB of range.
Note 2: Calibration condition: non coherent light, -35±5 dBm, 23±1°C, ±1 nm, 10±3 nm FWHM, PC ceramic connector, 100μm fiber.
Note 3: Includes contributions due to: varying optical connector types, calibration uncertainty, full temperature, dynamic range and fiber core diameter up to 200μm.
Note 4: H3B can sustain the damage level for 2 minutes.
Note 5: At calibration wavelengths in bold type.
|Battery life||300 hrs|
|Size||4.9"L x 3.2"W x 1.0”D (124 x 81 x 25 mm)|
|Weight||0.33 lb. (0.15 kg) / Shipping 1.1 lb. (0.5 kg)|
|Operating / Storage||-15 to 55 °C / -25 to 70 °C|
|Case||Polycarbonate, 2.5 meter drop tested|
|Power||2 alkaline AAA cells. Selectable auto-off, low battery indicator|
|Tone detection||200 ~ 2500 Hz ± 2%|
|Max / min||Recording feature for stability testing|
|Case||MIL PRF 28800F Class 2|
|Power Meter||IEC 61315|
|EMC||IEC 61326: 2002 / EN 61326-1:1997+A1:1998+A2:2001+A3:2003|
|IEC CISPR 11: 2004/ EN 55011:1998+A1:1999|
|IEC CISPR 16-1:1999|
|IEC CISPR 16-2:1999|
|IEC 61000-4-2:2001 / EN 61000-4-2:1995+A1:1998+A2:2001|
|IEC 61000-4-3:2002/ EN 61000-4-3:2002|
|ICES-001: 2006 (Canada)|
|CFR 47 FCC Part 15, Subpart B (Class B) (USA)|
|FCC registration number: 90891|
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
- KI 9600 Comparison Chart (PDF)
- KI 9600 & KI 9800 Manual Guide (PDF)
- KI 9600 & KI 9800 Reference Guide (PDF)
- Kingfisher Warranty (PDF)
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Fiber Optic Testing
- Fiber Optic Fusion Splicers and How They Work
- Protect Your Fiber Optic Network with Proper Cable Management
- Fiber Optic Tutorials
HOW-TO CORNER -
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866-222-0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts