What's special about this wire pulling lube?
- Works well in rough, old or dirty conduits to safely loosen and pull cables from their resting place
- Velocity™ gives you the capability to pull up to a 4" diameter cable up to 1,200 feet, even around bends
- Non-flammable, and does not have a flashpoint even when complete dried, to ensure safety around electricity
- Click for More Features
With no wax, grease or silicone content, Velocity™ Cable Pulling Lubricant by Ideal Industries is safe to use in all sorts of environments, indoors or out. This non-toxic, non-flammable, non-corrosive and non-combustible blend allows you to pull a 4" diameter cable up to 1,200 feet with ease.
|ID-31-276||Velocity™ Cable Pulling Lubricant||1 Quart|
- Non-toxic and safe for the environment; will not corrode cables or wires
- Thick, cream-colored gel material will adheres well to cables for easy pulling
- Maximum friction reduction, to help pull even the most stubborn cables free
- No adverse effects on the physical or electrical properties of cable jackets
- UL listed
|Lubricity||PVC or LDPE-jacketed cable on PVC conduit at 200 lbs/ft (2.91 kN/m) normal pressure; coefficient of dynamic friction < .15 PVC or LDPE-jacketed cable on HDPE innerduct at 200 lbs/ft (2.9 kN/m) normal pressure; coefficient of dynamic friction < .15|
|Percent non-volatile solids||3.5 to 5.5%|
|Appearance||Thick, cream-colored gel material|
|Wax, grease, & silicone content||None|
|Temperature use range||25° F to 140° F (-3.8° C to 60° C)|
|pH||6.5 to 8.0|
|Cable Compatibility||No deleterious effects on physical or electrical properties of cable jackets|
|Polyethylene stress cracking||No stress cracking on LDPE cable jacket when tested by ASTM D1693|
|Cling factor||Twelve inches (30 cm) of a one-inch (2.5 cm) diameter cable will hold at least 75 grams of lubricant for one minute when held vertically (at 70° F/20° C)|
|Temperature stability||No more than 20% change in Brookfield viscosity from 40° F to 100° F (5° C to 40° C). No phase-out after 5 freeze/thaw cycles or 24-hour exposure at 120° F (50° C)|
|Toxicity||Non-toxic and non-sensitizing; Industrial use only|
|Cleanup||Complete cleanup possible with water|
|Flammability||Lubricant has no flash point, and dried residue is non-flammable|
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
RELATED ARTICLES -
- On-the-Job Ergonomics for Electrical Contractors
- What is Arc Flash?
- The Facts on Polypropylene
- UL Listing
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866-222-0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts