What's special about WireRun Heat Shrink Cable End Caps?
- Insulates and seals off wire and splice terminations to protect against abrasion, moisture, chemicals, and corrosion.
- Wide array of applications including automotive, electrical, and networking.
- The End Cap is adhesive lined to bond with the heat shrink it overlaps.
- Available in sizes from 3/8" to 5" in diameter to provide a fit around the cables' end.
- Click for More Features
Just like heat shrink tubing, heat shrink end caps are perfect for situations that call for extra protection against abrasion, moisture, chemicals and corrosion. Heat shrink end caps are most commonly used to insulate and seal off wire and splice terminations in automotive, electrical and networking applications. End caps are typically used in conjunction with heat shrink tubing… heat shrink caps take over where the tubing leaves off!
|Part #||Size||ID Before|
Heat shrink tubing is capable of sealing the entire surface of a cable or wire, but can’t be closed off at the end should that be necessary. That’s where heat shrink end caps come into play: they’re shaped to fit over the ends of wires and cables. Our heat shrink end caps are adhesive lined, so that when one is fitted over the end of a wire, it forms a bond with the heat shrink tubing that it’s overlapping. The seal is completed when heat is applied: the adhesive melts and becomes fully activated, and the end cap material shrinks to a snug and exact fit around the cable’s end.
|Operating Temperature Range||n/a||-55C to 110C|
|Tensile Strength||ISO 37||14 Mpa minimum|
|Ultimate Elongation||ISO 37||400% minimum|
|Specific Gravity||ISO 1183||1.95 maximum|
|Electric Strength||IEC 243||15KV/mm minimum|
|Corrosion(Copper Contact and Copper Mirror)||ASTM D2671||no corrosion|
|Water Absorption||ISO 62||0.5% maximum|
|Fungus Resistance||ISO 846||no fungal growth|
Limiting Oxygen Index (LOI)
The ratio of how much oxygen - as compared to other gases - needs to be present in the air surrounding a particular material in order for that material to burn. The fact that Earth's normal atmospheric air contains around 21% oxygen is used a reference point when materials are classified into burn categories that are based on Limiting Oxygen Index. Substances that are combustible in air containing less than 21% oxygen are considered flammable, while those that burn in the range of anything greater than 21% but less than 28% are typically labeled "slow burning". Any material with an LOI that exceeds 28% is classified as self-extinguishing.
In the table below, you'll find a list of polymers commonly found in our heat shrink tubing and braided sleeving products, along with their LOIs and the burn categories each falls into.
|ECTFE (Ethylene chlorotrifluoroethylene)||Halar||64%||Self Extinguishing|
|Nylon 6:6||N/A||Ranges fron 24-29%||Slow Burning to Self Extinguishing|
|PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate)||Mylar (film), Dacron (fiber)||Ranges from 21-34%||Slow Burning to Self Extinguishing|
|Polypropylene (PP)||polythene (in the UK)||17%||Flammable|
|Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)||Teflon||95%||Self Extinguishing|
|Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)||N/A||Ranges from 45-49%||Self Extinguishing|
ARTICLES - A place to find educational articles covering a wide range of topics, all categorized according to your areas of interest.Learn more
HOW-TO CORNER -
- How to use Heat Shrink Tubing
- Terminate the ends of your Braided Sleeving with Heat Shrink
- How do we measure Heat Shrink?
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866-222-0030
Questions & Answers
- Thank you for your question. The HSEC050 is NOT RoHS compliant.
- Thank you for your question. This would be a perfect application for the product.
- Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, this product is only manufactured in black and no other colors are available at this time.
- The current line of Heat Shrink End Caps are not tested to UL or CSA Standards. They do not bear the markings of either standard.
- Thank you for your question. We would welcome an opportunity to work with you to better understand your project and requirements. Please call 866-222-0030 to discuss further
- Hello, Yes, although this end cap is water resistant not water proof, you can use it in your application to keep moisture out.
- Hello, The largest size we carry is 5" end cap
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts