What's special about this Greenlee telephone tester?
- Excellent for testing shielded twisted pair (STP) unshielded twisted pair (UTP) and coaxial cables
- Four distinct tones for tracing low-loss cables like CAT 5
- Identification of active network devices (PC or Hub) on 10/100 Base-T networks
- Detection of faults, opens, reversed, crossed and split pairs
- Backlit easy touch display with screen view adjustment is easy to use
- Click for More Features
Simple one touch testing verifies network cabling and service. The NETcat® Pro is a digital tool for fast and accurate testing of cables, wiring and network services. Operated using a back-lit touch screen display, the Pro 500 not only tests wiring continuity and confirms pair allocation, but measures the length of cables and determines if network service is accessible. When used with the NC-510 accessory kit containing seven (7) expansion remote test modules, the NETcat® Pro can uniquely test coax or twisted pair jacks from a central location eight (8) at a time. Using either a finger tip or the built in stylus pen, the screen can be used to control and display a range of tests from fault finding to TDR length measurement.
- Displays network device capabilities
- Office identification using remote ID units
- Remote jack ID and verification
- 2000 foot cable length via TDR
- Noise immune tracing
- Coax and modular connections built in
- Patch cable and remote jack wire-map
- Uses a single 9V battery, with low battery indicator
- Pulsed time domain reflectometer (TDR) shows length of all pairs
- Troubleshoots and verifies a wide range of networks
|Power Requirements||9V Alkaline battery (PP3)|
|Display LCD||Dot Pixels: 128 x 128 dots|
|Viewing Area||60.0 x 58.4|
|Buttons||LCD touch-screen, Single momentary contact push button|
|Operating Temperature||0° C to 50° C|
|Storage Temperature||-20° C to 70° C|
|Interface Connections||RJ45 shielded jacks, F-type threaded female coaxial connectors|
|TDR Calibration||User selectable based on a known cable length|
|Range of 50 to 2000 ft||40% to 100% in step of 1%|
|Length||2000 ft Maximum|
|Accuracy to Open/Short||+4% or 2 ft. whichever is greater|
|Remote Identifier||2000 ft. (609.6 meters) maximum distance|
|Wiremap||358 ft (100 meters) maximum distance|
- Greenlee Warranty (PDF)
RELATED ARTICLES -
- LAN, Telephone, Audio System Installations Require a Label Printer
- Tools That Are Lean, Mean, and Green!
HOW-TO CORNER -
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866-222-0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Calibrate First
- Home Networks
- Small Offices
Comments about Greenlee A Textron Company Greenlee Netcat 500 Pro Structured Wiring Troubleshooter Tester:
Works great except I think the TDR would be better if I calibrated the handheld first....by using a known length of UTP or coaxial cable. The wiremap display is good but not great, because for the price it should just tell you if pairs are crossed, split, open, short, etc., instead of having to reference the manual....the more used the more understood!!! Those are the only two cons to the device, otherwise I like it a lot.
- Primary use: