What's special about this stud punch?
- Professional grade design allows you to punch up through 20 gauge (0.9 mm) steel studs with a single stroke, saving you time and labor
- Available in either a 7/8” (2.2 mm) diameter or 1-11/32” (34.1 mm) diameter stud punch for meeting wiring, conduit, or building code specifications
- Contoured handle makes it possible to use in tight spaces and provides excellent leverage for simple operation by any user
- PVC bushings are available for punched holes made by either the GL-709 or GL-710, for keeping wires and cables safe from the sharp metal edging of the studs
- Click for More Features
GREENLEE® 7/8” or 1-11/32” Metal Stud Hole Punches provide professional installers and contractors with a simple-to-use, lightweight solution for creating a cable/conduit pass-through in standard 20 gauge steel studs. The head is constructed from light weight, yet strong aluminum, and then combined with an ergonomically friendly contoured handle. Allowing most operators to comfortably use the metal stud punch without the worry of excessive fatigue during larger applications. When combined with GREENLEE® plastic bushings, cabling and conduit become protected from the sharp exposed metal edges, promoting longer life and eliminate snags for allowing smoother and easier pulls.
|GL-709||7/8" (22.2 mm) Diameter Stud Punch||7 lbs|
|GL-710||1-11/32" (34.1 mm) Diameter Stud Punch||7.5 lbs|
|GL-711C100||Bushings for 7/8" (22.2 mm) Diameter Stud Punches||100 / pk|
|GL-712A100||Bushings for 1-11/32" (34.1 mm) Diameter Stud Punches||100 / pk|
- Light weight aluminum head reduces operator fatigue without sacrificing strength or usability
- Automatically centers holes on standard sized studs to keep layout work to a minimum, while helping to remove any frustrating and time consuming guess work from the project
- Requires only 56 lbs. of handle force for each punch, allowing efficient completion with minimal labor used
- Self-stripping design eliminates punch hang-ups and allows the slug to safely fall free, limiting you’re chance of being cut from sharp edges or injured from hard to remove debris
- Conversion kit available for upgrading early model 24 gauge metal stud punches to the new 20 gauge format
- Made in the USA
|PART #||STUD CAPACITY||THICKNESS CAPACITY||DIAMETER HOLE||WEIGHT||PRICE|
|GL-709||1 5/8" (41.3 mm) and wider||Up to 20 Gauge Steel||7/8" (22.2 mm)||7 lbs|
|GL-710||2 1/2" (63.4 mm) and wider||Up to 20 Gauge Steel||1-11/32" (34.1 mm)||7.5 lbs|
RELATED ARTICLES -
- What Makes a Hand Tool Ergonomic?
- On-the-Job Ergonomics for Electrical Contractors
- Sheet Metal Gauge
HOW-TO CORNER -
- How to Safely Install and Use Polyurethane Cable Covers
- How to Determine Which Product Diameter You Need
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866-222-0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts