What's special about this wire cutting tool?
- Patented blade mechanism opens the blades automatically
- Blades close quickly because of two speed mechanism
- 20" length makes this an ideal tool for easy storage in bin
- ACSR cable cutter cuts though a maximum 5/16" steel core diameter
- Fiberglass handles mean his tool is lightweight and easy to use
- Click for More Features
The Greenlee GL-776 High Performance ACSR Cable Cutter is a combination of the excellent workmanship found in the GL-773 and GL-774 with sturdy, durable, strong and hardened blades designed specifically for making cuts on a broad range of ACSR cable. The GL-776 is easy to use, fast and requires less handle effort.
|GL-776||High Performance ACSR Cable Cutter||6.2 lbs|
|GL-11397||Replacement Blades||0.5 lbs|
The patented two-speed blade mechanism allows the blades to close quickly until there is contact detected with the cable, then automatically shifts to a power speed so that handle effort remains low while making the cut. The 776 then opens automatically to signal the cut is complete. Cuts through a maximum 5/16" steel core diameter. Blades are ground and hardened specifically to cut ACSR
- Two-speed mechanism saves cutting time by closing the blades rapidly and shifting to normal speed to perform the cut.
- Patented mechanism opens the blades automatically when the cut is complete. (U.S. Patent #6,766,581)
- Completely new ratchet mechanism provides excellent durability.
- Made in the USA
- One year manufacturer warranty
|Capacity:||Cuts ACSR through 636 kcmil with steel core diameters less than 0.32"|
|Specifically cuts:||All 336.4 and Smaller ACSR
397.5 - Brant, Chickadee, lbis;
477.0 - Pelican, Flicker, Hawk;
556.5 - Osprey, Parakeet;
605.0 - Peacock;
636.0 - Kingbird, Swift, Rook
|Length:||20" (508 mm)|
|Weight:||6.2 lbs (2.8 kg)|
|Cutting Capacity/Material:||636 kcmil Aluminum Coated Steel Reinforced Cable|
|Type:||High Speed Ratcheting|
|Blade Type:||Shear Cut|
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
RELATED ARTICLES -
- 10 Easy Ways to Prevent Home Electrical Hazards
- What Makes a Hand Tool Ergonomic?
- On-the-Job Ergonomics for Electrical Contractors
- Tool Box Roundup: How to Find the Right One for You
HOW-TO CORNER -
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866-222-0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts