What's special about this wire insulation?
- Place over cables, splices, or terminations to snugly shrink, insulating and protecting wire assemblies from the elements
- Flexible, medium wall material allows you to use this tubing in applications with moving parts, irregular shapes, and bends in the routing
- Internal thermoplastic adhesive lining seals out moisture and other corrosive elements to prolong the life of your terminations
- Self-extinguishing design (except for clear) helps to prevent the spread of fire, increasing equipment and personnel safety
- Click for More Features
Adhesive Lined Flexible Heat Shrink Tubing protects your cable terminations and wire harnesses from several types of damage. When placed over splices and terminations, its adhesive inner lining seals out moisture and other contaminants to prevent corrosion. You may also use this insulation for strain relief at the connector, providing an all-around great solution to extending the service life of your electrical contacts.
- Available in 7 diameters to suit many applications
- May be placed onto connections at the boot to strain relieve, helping to prevent breakage
- Red, black, and clear finishes allow for easy cable identification and connection viewing (clear)
- Ideal for protecting wires, wire harnesses, and electrical connections in electrical, automotive, marine, hobbyist, and many other industries
|Color||Black, Red, Clear|
|Shrink Temp||250° F (121° C)|
|Wall Thickness (Recovered)||0.040" (1,016 mm)|
|Operating Temperature (Continuous)||-67° to 230° F
(-55° to 110° C)
|Industry Standards||UL 486D
MIL-DTL-25053/15, Class 2
RELATED ARTICLES -
- The Handyman's Guide to Improvisation: 7 New Ways to Use Heat Shrink Tubing
- Key Elements for Cable Installation Success
- Heat Shrink Tubing: How It Was Invented, and Why We Use It
HOW-TO CORNER -
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866-222-0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Quality Construction
I used these to help mark all of my hand tools with my name. I wrote my name on electrical tape, and then shrank the clear tubing over it. It has worked very well and has lasted with harsh use. The larger diameters were not as clear, but my name was still legible.
- Primary use:
- Was this a gift?: