What's special about these fiber connectors?
- Field-installable fiber connector replaces 12 single-fiber terminations; ideal for applications using 12-fiber ribbon cable
- Innovative design offers a quality alternative to epoxy and polish connectors, giving you a simple and reliable termination
- Pre-installed fiber stubs allow the delicate end-face processing to be completed during the production process in a controlled environment, reducing the field technician's influence
- When used in conjunction with the UniCam® MTP® Tool Kit, a 12-fiber ribbon can be terminated in less than 5 minutes, saving you time and money
- Click for More Features
UniCam MTP (Mechanical Transfer Pull) Termination Connectors provide numerous advantages over typical fiber optic connections. Installation time and cost are reduced by eliminating the in-field epoxy and polish process that exposes fiber end-faces and makes them susceptible to contaminates. This innovative product development gives you a more dependable and reliable network connection, perfect for data centers, main cross connects and telecommunication rooms.
- Color-coded connections for simple visual identification
- Available with precision guide pins to ensure that proper alignment and insertion are achieved
- No-epoxy/no-polish technology eliminates the need to purchase additional expensive tools, reducing installation costs
- MTP connectors mimic the familiar SC connector for easy push-pull operation
- Meets the IEE-802.3 standard for Ethernet-based LANs, providing reliable performance
- Corning Cable Systems guarantees the connectors will meet the published specifications at the time of installation, or they will replace them
|Insertion Loss||0.5 dB average|
|1.0 dB maximum|
|Reflectance*||≤ -20 dB for multimode, ≤ -55 dB for single-mode|
|Temperature Cycling||≤ 0.3 dB change, -40°F to 167°F (-40ºC to +75ºC); 21 cycles|
|*Reflectance values for single-mode are for 64.4°F to 82.4°F (18º to 28ºC).|
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Top 5 Reasons to Use Fiber Optic Cables
- What is Fiber Optic Cable, And How Does it Work?
- Fiber Optic Testing
HOW-TO CORNER -
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866-222-0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts