- Manufacturer #: 1628-18
- Used for Aircraft, EHS, Messenger, Guy Strand cables
- Designed for 0.75 to 1.0-Inch (19.05 to 25.4 mm) diameter cable sizes
- For larger conductors, see our grips with round inside-jaw contour
- Double "V" grooves give four-point contact, reducing chance of slipping and providing proper alignment of wire and cable
- Max Safe Load of 15,000 lbs (6803 kg)
- Locking handle keeps jaw open while grip is placed on cable with a hot stick
The Klein Tools 1628-18 Chicago Grip is designed for EHS, Messenger, and Guy Strand cable. The double V grooves provide four-point contact, which reduces chances of slipping and also provides proper alignment of wire and cable. All Klein grips are manufactured from custom drop-forged steel that is machined and heat treated for excellent durability. Each grip is individually hand inspected and actuated for proper function. Grips are also rigorously tested and pulled to rated load to ensure the highest quality and reliability.Jaw Length: 7.25" (184.2 mm). Sub Brand: Chicago Grip. Cable Diameter: 0.75" to 1.0" (19.05 to 25.40 mm). Application: Extra-High-Strength Cables, Messenger, Guy Strand. Weight: 14.1 lb (6.4 kg). Jaw Type: Double V. Maximum Safe Load: 15,000 lb (6803 kg). Cable Type: Aircraft, EHS, Messenger, Guy Strand. Locking Handle: Y. Hot Latch: —. Spring: —. Size_Name: 0.75 to 1.00-Inch Cable Diameter. Style_Name: Safe Load 15,000 lb.
|P1001362||Chicago Grip, 0.75 to 1-Inch High Strength Cables|
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866-222-0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts