What's special about these fiber optic drivers?
- High-performance drivers enable you to send RS-232 data across interference-free optical links
- Sends RS-232 data, at up to 76.8 kbps, from serial devices to a server over multimode fiber cable
- Switch-selectable DTE/DCE option, set to perform like a DTE so it can communicate with another DCE device, no special cables are needed
- Click for More Features
The Black Box high performance fiber drivers are powered to ensure continuous, reliable transmission over fiber. These fiber drivers enable you to send RS-232 data across interference-free optical links, transmit data at up to 76.8 kbps, and reach distances of 2.5 miles at any speed.
|BB-MD940A-F||Fiber Driver ST/25 Female||1" H x 2.7" W x 4.2" D||1.4 lbs|
|BB-MD940A-M||Fiber Driver ST/25 Male|
- Reach distances of 2.5 miles (4 km) at any speed
- Autosensing 110–220-VAC power supply ensures reliability and continuous transmission
- Coupled power variations are compensated by a range select feature
- Supports RS-232 async, bidirectional transmission
- Use with multimode fiber cable
- 1 Year Double Diamond Protection
|Data Format||Asynchronous, bidirectional|
|Data Rate||Transparent up to 76.8 kbps|
|Distance||Dependant on type of multimode cable, power budget, and loss/km; preset ranges|
|Fiber Cable||850 nm multimode|
|Flow Control||X-ON / X-OFF|
|Interface||RS-232 (DCE or DTE switch selectable)|
|Connectors||(2) ST®; (1) DB25 M or F|
|Power||5 VDC @ 600 mA|
|External: 110-220 VAC, 50-60 Hz, autosensing|
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 114°F (0°C to 45°C)|
|Size||1" H x 2.7" W x 4.2" D (2.5 x 6.9 x 10.7 cm)|
|Weight||1.4 lbs (0.6 kg)|
DOUBLE DIAMOND WARRANTY -
The Double Diamond Warranty is our no-questions-asked warranty that protects your BLACK BOX® brand products from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges. Most products come with a one- or two-year warranty. Some products, such as copper cables, manual switches, cabinets, and racks, are guaranteed for life! During the warranty period, Black Box will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!
RELATED ARTICLES -
HOW-TO CORNER -
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866-222-0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Pins configurable
- Price right
- Simple to use
- Din rail mounts
- Need to make jumper setti
- Tight small mounting
Comments about Black Box Fiber Driver St/25 Female:
I purchased this for a application to connect fiber into old equipment, this device will allow for pins configuration simply by changing toggle switch. We were able to install this product quickly and was able to document setup and configuration. The only negative about product is would be nice if you could mount on din rail or provide a mounting bracket.