What's special about this cable lube by Polywater®?
- Reduces friction during installation which extends the cable lifespan
- Clear and colorless for easy, stain-free handling
- Excellent cling to the cable for a smoother application
- Click for More Features
Polywater® introduces the CLR Clear Cable Lubricant. This product is popular in small cable runs, generally electrical and datacom installations. Commercial environments are particularly drawn towards CLR because of its cleanliness.
|AP-CLR-35||Polywater® Lubricant CLR - 1 Quart Bottle||2.3 lbs|
Non-staining, biodegradable, non-toxic, and environmentally safe features make CLR a favorite among installers. This Clear Cable Lubricant is also developed with an added "clingability" which makes the cables easier to handle and helps the applications go a lot smoother. Simply a must have, wherever cable lubrication is needed.
- Biodegradable, environmentally safe product
- Temperature stable for a safer installation and non-combustible
- Harmless to humans
- Non-corrosive to steel, copper, and aluminum, which makes it compatible with cable jacket materials
|Appearance||Clear, colorless gel|
|Wax, Grease and Silicone Content||None|
|Percent Non-Volatile Solids||5%|
|VOC Content||20 gms/liter|
|Viscosity||40,000 - 60,000 cps @ 10rpm|
|pH||6.5 - 8.0|
|Temp. Use Range||20° F to 120° F ( -5° C to 50° C)|
|Temp. Stability||No phase-out after five freeze/thaw cycles or 5-day exposure at 140° F (60° C)|
|Testing||Typical friction coefficients at 200 lbs/ft (2.91 kN/m) normal pressure are shown below. Test results are based on the method described in the white paper|
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Polywater® CLR Lubricant can be squeezed, pumped or hand applied directly onto the wire or cable. The conduit should be clean and continuous.
To prelubricate for long or difficult pulls, squirt a liberal amount of Polywater® CLR Lubricant into the conduit before the pull begins and use a mandrel or a swab on the winch line to spread the lubricant during the pull.
Clean-up by wiping off excess lubricant with a rag.
Recommended Lubricant Quantity
Q = K X L X D
Q = quantity in gallons (liters)
L = length of conduit run in feet (meters)
D = ID of the conduit in inches (mm)
K = 0.0015 (0.0008 if metric units)
The quantity that is appropriate for any given pull can vary from this recommendation by 50%, depending on the complexity of the pull. Consider the following factors:
Cable weight and stiffness - (Increase quantity for stiff, heavy cable)
Conduit condition - (Increase quantity for old, dirty or rough conduits)
Conduit fill - (Increase quantity for high percent conduit fill)
Number of bends - (Increase quantity for pulls with several bends)
Pulling environment - (Increase quantity for high temperatures)
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
- Key Elements for Cable Installation Success
- What is Plenum Cable, and When Should I Use It?
- What Exactly is an Electrical Fuse?
- How to Identify a Counterfeit UL Mark
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866-222-0030
Questions & Answers
- Hello,CLR has a 24month shelf life from the date of product. Production dates are determined by our LOT code, a 5 digit code printed on the bottle/case.
- Hello, Unfortunately, not. This is a cable lube used to unstick cables from inside tubing
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts