What's special about these intumescent pipe collars?
- Firestop collars offer up to 4 hours of flame resistance, to prevent the spread of fire between walls, floors and ceilings
- Split-hinged powder coated steel shell promotes durability, and can be opened and fitted around the pipe
- Available in a wide size range to fit both standard and non-standard pipe applications
- Click for More Features
When a plastic pipe is exposed to fire, the graphite intumescent material in the collars expand thus creating pressure on the melting pipe and sealing the ends. This action prevents the fire from traveling through the pipe and on to its surroundings.
|Part #||Diameter Size||Color||Weight||Price|
|FP-31030||3"||Galvanized Steel||0.7 lb|
|FP-31040||4"||Galvanized Steel||1.1 lbs|
- Held around pipe by toggle and latch for easy installation
- Unaffected by moisture or atmospheric Carbon Monoxide for optimum performance
- Suitable for any building containing plastic pipes that penetrate compartment walls and floors
- Certified for different kinds of pipes including: PVCu, HDPE, MDPE, PP, ABS and Friatherm
Typical Buildings where used:
- Apartment blocks
- Dorms and Residence Halls
- Office blocks
- Retail centers
Abesco Fire Collar MSDS (PDF)
|Shell||Steel (various grades and finishes)|
|Liner||Graphite based intumescent|
|Tests||BS476-20:1987, EN1366-3:2004, AS1530-4:1997, AS4072-1:1992 and SABS 0177-2|
|Certified Plastic Pipes||PVCu, HDPE, MDPE, PP, ABS and Friatherm|
|Activation Temperature||Approximately 200° C|
|Surface mounting to concrete wall / floor||55 - 160 mm||120 mins||120 mins|
|Cast into concrete wall / floor||55 - 110 mm||60 mins||120 mins|
|Semi cast into concrete wall / floor||55 - 110 mm||60 mins||120 mins|
|Surface mounting to metal stud dry wall||55 - 160 mm||120 mins||120 mins|
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Creating a Fire Protection Plan for Your Business
- 10 Ways to Prevent Hazardous Energy Injuries in the Workplace
- CableOrganizer.com’s Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- Which Firestop Product Should I Use for My Application?
- Holiday Safety Tips: Preventing Fire and Electrical Hazards from Lights, Electric Decorations and Christmas Trees
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866-222-0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts