What's special about this fire caulk?
- Excellent adhesion to most building substrates
- Fast cure, tack free in 75 minutes
- Very easy to use, install and finish
- Excellent slump resistance
- Tested in accordance with ASTM E814, UL1479 UL Classified 1 and 2 hour rating
- Click for More Features
Abesco CP310 FR Acrylic Intumescent Caulk is a fire sealant designed to prevent the spread of fire from one compartment to another wherever cables, wires, or other services pass through firewalls and/or floors, or wherever there is a gap between elements in fire rated walls or floors.
|Part #||Description||Package||Color||Shipping Weight||Price|
|FP-CP30310||CP310 Fire Rated Acrylic Intumescent Caulk, 10.5 oz. Cartridge, RED||10.5 oz. Cartridge||RED||1.5 lbs|
|FP-CP30350||CP310 Fire Rated Acrylic Intumescent Caulk, 10.5 oz. Cartridge, WHITE||10.5 oz. Cartridge||WHITE||1.5 lbs|
Abesco CP310 FR Acrylic Intumescent Caulk is a single part water based acrylic caulk. The intumescent caulk provides a firm but flexible seal to joints in a variety of fire rated structures. The caulk will not support combustion, and, when exposed to fire it will form a carbonaceous char which expands to effectively seal any small gaps and prevent the spread of smoke and fire. Abesco CP310 FR Acrylic Intumescent Caulk is suitable for use in any buildings which have electrical cables, metallic pipes and air conditioning ducts, etc. which penetrate through fire rated compartment walls (drywall included) and floors. Suitable for use around copper and steel pipes, steel conduits, electrical cables, data and telephone cables, PVC and CPVC pipes (up to 2" diameter), and HVAC ducts. For complete installation details, please refer to Technical Data Sheet.
- Halogen free
- Cost effective solution for a wide range of applications
|Physical State||Paste (White or Red)|
|Flash Point||>100° C [210° F]|
|Specific Gravity||1.62 - 1.66 @ 200° C|
|Vapor Density (Air=1)||N/A|
|Solubility in water||Miscible when wet|
Abesco CP310 is a water based acrylic intumescent caulk which expands and forms an insulating char when exposed to fire or extreme heat. CP310 FR Acrylic Intumescent Caulk is easy to use and has excellent adhesion properties when used with most common building materials. It can be installed using a standard caulking gun (standard cartridge, 20 oz sausage, or bulk filled), pneumatic pumping equipment, or easily applied using a knife or trowel. CP310 does not contain any solvents, PCB’s or asbestos, making it safe to use and environmentally friendly. Cleaning up is easy using just water, with no special handling requirements.
CP 310 FEATURES:
- Easy installation – saves labor cost
- Intumescent – expands in a fire to seal around services
- Halogen Free
- Paintable when dry (after inspection)
- UL Classified – complies with Building Codes
CP310 FR Acrylic Intumescent Caulk is used to seal gaps in construction and through-penetrations against the passage of fire, smoke and gases. CP310 has been tested where services penetrate through concrete walls and floors, and drywall constructions, and is suitable for use around copper and steel pipes, steel conduits, electrical cables, data and telephone cables, PVC and CPVC pipes (up to 2" diameter), HVAC ducts, and is also used with other Abesco products such as Z240 Pipe Collars and Series 2 Pipe Wraps.
All installations shall be in strict accordance with manufacturers printed instructions. The firestopping caulk shall be a one part water based acrylic intumescent sealant, and shall be tested in accordance with ASTM E814 (UL1479) and classified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc for up to 2 Hour rating.
All through penetrations shall be sealed with a UL Classified system or device as listed within the current UL Fire Resistance Directory, or have approved shop drawings prior to installation. Suitability for a particular application should be determined prior to installation.
Testing & Performance Data
Tested in Accordance with ASTM E814, UL1479
UL Classified 1 and 2 Hour rating
Please visit the UL website for details on our current system
FILL VOID OR CAVITY MATERIALS FOR USE IN THROUGH PENETRATION FIRESTOP SYSTEMS SEE UL DIRECTORY OF PRODUCTS CERTIFIED FOR CANADA AND UL FIRE RESISTANCE DIRECTORY 24KP
First Aid Measures
|If Inhaled||Remove to fresh air. No emergency care anticipated.|
|If on Skin||Wash skin thoroughly with soap and water or a recognized skin cleaner. Do not use solvent or thinners.|
|If in Eyes||Contact lenses should be removed. Irrigate copiously with clean fresh water for at least 10 minutes, holding eyelids apart, and seek medical advice.|
|If Swallowed||If accidentally swallowed, wash mouth with water and give water to drink. Do not induce vomiting.|
Exposure Controls / Personal Protection
|Ventilation||General (natural or mechanically induced fresh air movements)|
|Eye Protection||Eye protection designed to protect against liquid splashes should be worn|
|Skin Protection||Cotton or cotton/synthetic overalls are normally suitable. Grossly contaminated clothing should be removed and the skin washed with soap and water. Cloth gloves are suitable.|
|Respiratory Protection||None normally required|
Handling and Storage
|Usage Precautions||Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Smoking, eating, and drinking should be prohibited in areas of storage and use. Keep containers closed when not in use. Never use high pressure to empty - the container is not a pressure vessel. Ensure good housekeeping and regular safe removal of waste materials.|
|Storage Precautions||Observe label precautions. Store between 40 F and 75 F in a dry, well-ventilated place away from sources of heat. Protect from frost. Keep out of reach of children. Store separately from oxidizing and strongly alkaline and strongly acidic materials.|
Stability and Reactivity
|Stability||Stable under the recommended storage and handling conditions|
|Conditions to Avoid||None|
|Hazardous Decomposition||In a fire, hazardous decomposition products such as smoke, carbon dioxide, and oxides of nitrogen may be produced. Keep away from oxidizing agents and strongly alkaline and strongly acidic materials to prevent the possibility of an exothermic reaction|
|Hazard Communication||The product is considered to be an "article" as defined in the federal OSHA Hazard Communication Standard.|
|DOT Shipping Name||Not regulated|
|Air (IATA) Shipping||Not regulated|
|Ocean (IMDG) Shipping||Not regulated|
|TSCA Inventory Status||Chemical components listed on TSCA inventory|
|SARA Title III, Section 313||This product is classified as an "article" and is not subject to reporting under Section 313 or SARA Title III.|
Abesco CP310 FR Acrylic Intumescent Caulk is very easy to install with only basic hand tools.
- Areas to be sealed must be clean and free from all oil, grease, loose materials, rust or any other contamination.
- Check that any annular space between the through penetration and the opening is within the limits defined by the tested constructions.
- Some installations require mineral wool forming as an integral element in the approved system. When mineral wool is required, cut oversize and pack tightly into space between the opening and the service, ensuring that the forming is positioned to allow for correct depth of CP310 fill material to be installed (dependent on system design)
- Using a suitable standard or bulk loading caulking gun, or by hand trowelling, ensure that the CP310 is worked into all areas to prevent voids, gaps or seams. Pay particular attention when sealing bundles of cables.
- When sufficient depth of CP310 has been applied, the surface can be smoothed using a damp knife or spatula to leave a neat sealed finish.
- Please always consult the current UL Fire Resistance Directory for details of tested constructions before.
- Which Firestop Product Should I Use for My Application?
- CableOrganizer.com’s Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- How to Fireproof Your Server Room
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866-222-0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts