What's special about this fire protection spray?
- High-cling properties help prevent sagging
- Applied with conventional airless sprayers
- Cleans easily with water (no solvents required)
- Superior adhesion to most construction materials
- Click for More Features
FireDam™ Spray 200, a faster drying firestop, is perfect for sealing head of wall, floor to wall, penetration seals, and perimeter joints between fire-rated floors (concrete, fireproofed fluted steel decks) and fire-rated walls (gypsum, concrete). With just 1/8 inch (3mm) coating, it will help control the spread of fire, heat, smoke, noxious gas and water before and during exposure to fire. Application is simple, using conventional airless sprayers. The coating dries under ambient conditions to a neutral gray color and the joints are flexible to allow for compression and extension of up to +/- 25% of nominal joint width.
Please Note: This product ships in 5 Business days.
|Part #||Unit||Volume||Units / Part||Price|
|1155.0 cu. in.|
(18926.9 cu. cm)
FILL, VOID OR CAVITY MATERIALS. FOR USE IN JOINT SYSTEMS AND THROUGH-PENETRATION FIRESTOP SYSTEMS SEE UL DIRECTORY OF PRODUCTS CERTIFIED FOR CANADA SEE UL FIRE RESISTANCE DIRECTORY 90G9
Always a leader in fire protection and firestop systems, 3M has added FireDam Spray 200 to its impressive list of firestop products. FireDam™ Spray 200 is UL and Intertek listed. The coating meets ASTM E 1966 and UL2079 specifications for fire testing at the maximum joint width. This product has been cycled to meet the wind sway and thermal category of ASTM E 1399. The coating has also meets through penetration criteria as evaluated by ASTM E 814 and UL 1479. It also complies with IBC, ICC, BOCA, ICBO, SBCCI and NFPA Code #101. Tested for up to 4 hours.
- Fast drying
- Dries to a neutral gray color
- Highly elastic
- Paintable when cured
- Available in five-gallon pails
- 90 day warranty
- UL Classified, Factory Mutual, and Omega Point Laboratories listed
- FM approved (FMRC Approval Guide)
- Complies with IBC, ICC, BOCA, ICBO, SBCCI and NFPA Code #101
- Meets fire testing criteria of ASTM E 1966 and UL2079 at maximum extended joint width
- Meets wind sway cycle and thermal category of ASTM E 1399 (500 cycles at a minimum of 10cycles per minute)
- Meets ASTM E 814 and UL1479 for through penetrations
|Unit||5 gallon (18.9 liter)|
|Coverage *||12.8 sq ft / gallon (0.31 sq m / liter)|
|ASTM E 84||Flame Spread: < 25
Smoke Development: < 50
@ 70° F (21° C) / 50% R.H.
|< 4 hrs tack-free
24 hrs fully dry
* Coverage rate listed is calculated coverage based on 1/8" (3mm) thick wet coating.
Warranty and Limited Remedy. This product will be free from defects in material and manufacture for a period of ninety (90) days from date of purchase. 3M MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, AN IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. User is responsible for determining whether the 3M product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for user’s application. If the 3M product is defective within the warranty period stated above, your exclusive remedy and 3M’s sole obligation shall be, at 3M’s option, to replace or repair the 3M product or refund the purchase price of the 3M product.
Limitation of Liability. Except where prohibited by law, 3M will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from a 3M product, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential, regardless of the legal theory asserted, including warranty, contract, negligence or strict liability.
- View Specifications, Code Requirement & Installation Techniques (PDF)
- View Spray Equipment Procedures (PDF)
- View Notice from Manufacturer (PDF)
- View Warranty Letter (PDF)
ARTICLES - A place to find educational articles covering a wide range of topics, all categorized according to your areas of interest. Learn more
- Which Firestop Product Should I Use for My Application?
- CableOrganizer.com’s Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866-222-0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts