What's special about this thermal protection?
- Great for automotive insulation
- Easily bendable for any application
- Withstands heat up to 750° F (399° C)
- Available in 2 different colors and 2 length: 3 FT or 10 FT
- Click for More Features
Thermo-Flex is a composite heat shield made from a combination of aluminum, silica, and stainless steel. This strong, lightweight material can be bent and flexed for use in just about any application.
The abrasion-resistant material provides thermal insulation to hoses and wiring and can withstand temperatures up to 750°F.
This versatile product can be slit for use with wire looms or covering hoses without disconnecting the ends. Thermo-Flex is available in two different colors (silver or black) so you can customize your application. It is also available in lengths of 3 or 10 feet for your convenience.
|Base Metal||CAS Number||% Composition
TLV (mg/m³) *
TWA (mg/m¹) **
PEL (mg/m¹) ***
|Aluminum (Al)||7429-90-5||80.0-99.7||10.0, as metal dust and oxide
5.0, as welding fume
|Alloying Element||CAS Number||Maximum % Composition by Weight||ACGIH
TLV (mg/m³) *
TWA (mg/m¹) **
PEL (mg/m¹) ***
|0.1 - 1.0||1.0 - 10.0||1.0 - 20.0|
|Cobalt (Co)||7440-45-4||P||W||0.1||0.1||0.1, as fume|
|Copper (Cu)||7440-50-8||W||P||0.2, as fume||0.1, as fume||0.1, as fume|
|Iron (Fe)||1309-37-1||W, P||5.0, as oxide fume||10.0, as oxide fume||10.0, as oxide fume|
|Magnesium (Mg)||1309-48-4||W||P||10.0, as oxide fume||15.0, as oxide fume||10.0, as oxide fume|
|Manganese (Mn)||7439-96-5||W||1.0, as fume||5.0, Ceiling||5.0, Ceiling|
|Silicon (Si)||7440-21-3||W, P||10.0, as metal dust||not established||not established|
|5.0, as respirable dust|
|Silver (Ag)||7440-22-4||P||0.1, as metal||0.01, as metal||0.01, as metal|
|Tin (Sn)||7440-31-5||P||2.0, as oxide and metal||2.0, inorganic compounds||10.0, as oxide fume|
|Zinc (Zn)||1314-13-2||W, P||5.0, as oxide fume||5.0, as oxide fume||5.0, as oxide fume|
|W = Wrought Aluminum (fabricated products)||Kelsar Aluminum alloys may be comprised of all or variations of the alloys shown here. In addition, the welding of aluminum alloys may produce the products listed in Section VII, #7.
See Section VII #6 for components concerning aluminum scrap.
|P = Prime hardened aluminum|
|* TLV = Threshold Limit Value|
|** TWA = Time Weighted Average|
|*** PEL = Permissible Exposure Limit|
II. Physical Data
|pH||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Specific Gravity
(H²0 = 1)
|Solubility in Water
(% by weight)
|N/A||950°F - 1215°F||N/A||2.5 - 2.9||nil||N/A|
III. Personal Protective Equipment
|Appropriate personal protective equipment is required when melting, casting, machining, forging, or otherwise processing, The nature of the processing activity will determine what form of equipment is necessary, i.e. glasses, respirator, protective clothing, and ear protection.|
IV. Emergency Medical Procedures
|For skin contact, remove particles by thoroughly washing with soap and water.|
|For eye contact, flush with water for at least 15 minutes. Get medical attention if irritation persists.|
|For inhalation, remove from exposure. Get medical attention if experiencing breathing difficulty.|
V. Health / Safety Information
|Health||Inhalation||Not likely unless material machined, welded, or re-melted. Exposure to zinc oxide fume can result in "zinc chills" (metal fume fever). The temporary symptoms can include fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, and muscular pain. Recovery is usually complete in 24 to 48 hours. Overexposure to copper fume can cause upper respiratory tract irritation.|
|Eyes||May irritate eyes when welding or plasma cutting. See #7, Additional Information|
|Waste Disposal Methods|
|Used or unused product should be tested to determine hazard status and disposal requirements under federal, state, or local laws and regulations
Disposer must comply with Federal, State, and Local disposal or discharge laws.
VII. Additional Information
- Halogen acids and sodium hydroxide in contact with aluminum may generate explosive mixtures with hydrogen
- Finely divided aluminum will form explosive mixtures in air. It will also form explosive mixtures in air in the presence of bromates, iodates, or ammonium nitrate.
- When re-melting aluminum scrap, entrapped molecule or the presence of strong oxidizers such as ammonium nitrate could cause and explosion. This applies to the collection of moisture in saw cavities as well. Moisture must be driven off prior to re-melting.
- Do not touch cast aluminum metal or heated aluminum product without knowing metal temperature. Aluminum experiences no color change during heating. If hot metal is touched, burns can result.
- Aluminum powder must be packaged and shipped as a Flammable Solid, UN1395.
- Hard alloy ingots in the 2000 and 7000 series must be stress-relieved to prevent explosion (or violent cracking) when sawed.
- The welding of aluminum alloys may generate carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, ozone, nitrogen oxides, infra-red radiation, and ultra-violet radiation, in addition to metal fume.
- Some aluminum scrap may be contaminated with oil at levels greater than 1%. Melting of aluminum scrap may generate ail vapors which are irritating to the eyes and upper respiratory tract. Prolonged or repeated skin contact with oil may cause skin irritation.
- Vapor degrease must be properly maintained to limit the accumulation of aluminum fumes. The accumulation of aluminum fumes could result in a potential degrease fire or explosion.
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Enhance Your Vehicle with Bentley-Harris ConvoShield™
- Thermal Transfer Label Printers and How They Work
- Get Your Car Organized!
Is this loom split so that it can be installed without removing the end of the wire or hose it is being installed over?
- Thank you for your question. This product is not split, but it can easily be cut with scissors to split it if you need to.
Hello. What is the actual ID, OD and weight of the 3" product? Thank you.
- Thank you for your question. ID = 3"; OD = 3.0787", weight depends on the length you are looking for.
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030