What's special about this sealant?
- Convenient fire protection that's designed to close construction gaps, blank openings and pass-throughs in walls and electrical boxes
- Thanks to its non-hardening properties, this putty has excellent adhesion and stays put once set
- This easiest, versatile sealant has proven itself as a leader in fire protection and sound proofing
- Click for More Features
An excellent product for retrofit jobs and cabling that call for a firestopping sealant. It is easy to apply and meets the highest quality standards. This 36 cubic inch bar is all you need for metallic conduits, telephone, data or electrical power cable penetrations as well as a variety of sleeved and non-sleeved applications. Often you will have high traffic areas of cabling where people are constantly moving things around; in situations like these, you need the kind of flexibility provided by this putty.
|STI-SSP100||STI SpecSeal SSP Putty 36 cu in||0.6 lb|
No cure time required. Thanks to its quick dry application, you can just apply and go. To make it even easier, this bar is re-sealable, and no tools are needed for application.
- Endothermic fillers absorb heat and release water for safety and proper functioning
- This sealant is unaffected by humidity, condensation, and water to assure protection when you need it
- Superior protection against the spread of fire, smoke and toxic gases thanks to the putty's ability to expand to eight times its original size when exposed to high temperatures or fire
- Two stage intumescence gives you an aggressive expansion which fills completely for 100% protection
- Tool-less installation makes it the smart choice for your tool kit
- Aggressive adhesive quality makes it ideal for use with all common construction materials, as well as cable jacketing and pipes
- Meets ASTM E814 (UL1479) requirements as well as sound attenuation properties per ASTM C919 and E90 and fully tested to the requirements of the time/temperature requirements of ASTM E119, with ratings up to 3 hours
A regular maintenance program should be in place to ensure there is no damage to your sealant.
Make sure to remove excess material from all surfaces anyone may come into contact with immediately, and wash your hands or skin after using with a waterless hand cleaner.
|Expansion Begins||230° F (110° C)|
|Shelf Life||No limit|
|Ratings||UL Listed and classified and FM approved to ASTM E814 (UL1479); UL C-AJ-1090, C-AJ-3154, C-AJ-8055, W-J-3046, W-L-3135, W-L-3024|
|Division 7 07840||Through-penetration firestopping|
|Division 13 13900||Special construction fire suppression and supervisory systems|
|Division 15 15250||Mechanical insulation-fire protection|
|Division 16 16050||Basic electrical materials and methods|
|VOC Content||0 lbs/gallon (0.0 g/L)|
|Temperature||In-service: 130° F (54° C)|
|Volume Expansion||>500% (free expansion)|
|Size||36 cubic inches|
|Weight||0.6 lb (0.3 kg)|
Material Safety Data Sheet
|Eye Contact||May cause irritation and redness|
|Skin Contact||May cause irritation and redness|
|Inhalation||Irritation of the nose, throat, and lungs may result from over-exposure to vapors or mist from heated material|
|Chronic (Cancer) Information||Not classified as carcinogenic|
|Long Term Toxic Effects||Non known|
|First Aid Measures|
|Inhalation||Remove to fresh air|
|Skin Contact||Wash thoroughly|
|Eye Contact||Irrigate eyes with running water for at least 15 minutes. Get medical attention if irritation develops|
|Fire Fighting Measures|
|Flash Point||>163° C based on most volatile component|
|Extinguishing Media||Dry Chemical; Carbon Dioxide; Foam; Water spray for large fires|
|Special Fire Fighting Procedures||As for surrounding fire|
|Accidental Release Measures|
NOTE: Review FIRE FIGHTING MEASURES and HANDLING (PERSONNEL) sections before proceeding with clean-up. Use appropriate PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT during clean-up.
|Handling and Storage|
|Store under ambient conditions. No special handling required|
|Exposure Controls / Personal Protection|
|Eye Protection Requirements||Safety Glasses/Goggles|
|Skin Protection Requirements||Gloves|
|Physical and Chemical Properties|
|Physical Form||Red solid with minimal odor|
|Solubility in Water||Very Slight|
|Stability and Reactivity|
|Stability||This is a stable material|
|Conditions to Avoid||Storage > 55° C|
|Hazardous Polymerization||Will not occur|
|Mixture not tested but based on components:
May be irritating to skin and eyes and may aggravate existing skin and eye conditions. Irritation to the nose, throat, and lungs may result from over-exposure to vapors or mist from heated material.
None of the components are listed as carcinogens.
|No data. Not anticipated to be environmental hazard.|
Treatment, storage, transportation, and disposal must be in accordance with applicable Federal, State/Provincial, and Local regulations.
|DOT - not regulated|
US Federal Regulation
TSCA Inventory Status: Article
Section 313 Supplier Notifications.
State Right-To-Know Laws
No substances on the state hazardous substances list, for the states indicated below, are used in the manufacture of products on this Material Safety Data Sheet, with the exceptions indicated. While we don not specifically analyze these products, or the raw materials used in their manufacture, for substances on various state hazardous substances lists, to the best of our knowledge the products on this Material Safety Data Sheet contain no such substances except for those specifically listed below:
SUBSTANCES ON THE NEW JERSEY WORKPLACE HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE LIST PRESENT AT A CONCENTRATION OF 1% OR MORE (0.1 % FOR SUBSTANCES IDENTIFIED AS CARCINOGENS, MUTAGENS, OR TERATOGENS): NJTSRN-SSP
WARNING: SUBSTANCES KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER: Possible traces or formaldehyde and acrylonitrile.
WARNING: SUBSTANCES KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE BIRTH DEFECTS OR OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM: None known.
- California Dept Forestry & Fire Protection Listing PDF
- ICBO Approval PDF
- Product Data Sheet - STI SSP Putty PDF
- Los Angeles, CA Approval PDF
- New York City Approval PDF
- The Problem with Leakage Ratings (PDF)
- 2-1/2 Minutes to Stop a Fire (PDF)
- Firestopping Sheet Metal Ductwork (PDF)
- Firestopping vs Fireblocking (PDF)
- Firestopping Wood Floor Chase Assemblies (PDF)
- Metallic Stub-Ups for Plastic Piping Systems (PDF)
- Plan, Install, & Firestop Cable Penetrations (PDF)
- Firestopping Plastic Pipes (PDF)
- Firestop Putty Pads: When, Where, and How to Use Them (PDF)
- STI Quiets the Competition (PDF)
- Unstanding the T Rating (PDF)
- Where There's Smoke .. There May Be Cables! (PDF)
- Creating a Fire Protection Plan for Your Business
- 10 Ways to Prevent Hazardous Energy Injuries in the Workplace
- CableOrganizer.com’s Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- Which Firestop Product Should I Use for My Application?
- Smoke Alarm Roundup
- Holiday Safety Tips: Preventing Fire and Electrical Hazards from Lights, Electric Decorations and Christmas Trees
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030