What's special about this electrical box insert pad?
- Intumescent insert designed to fit against the back wall and expand in a fire for safety
- Can be used in electrical boxes, receptacles or switches to prevent the spread of fire or smoke
- Adhesive strip on the back ensures proper bonding for a tight seal
- Click for More Features
Protect your home or office from electrical fires with Power Shield electrical box inserts. Designed to attach to the back of the box and expand 24X upon exposure to high heat, they're perferct for maintaining the fire-resistance ratings of wall assemblies.
L x W x THICKNESS
|STI-EP44||Electrical Box Insert Pad||3.75" x 3.75" x 0.125"||Red|
|STI-EP45||Electrical Box Insert Pad||4.25" x 4.25" x 0.125"||Red|
- Can easily be retrofitted for existing construction
- Easy to install in the field, shop or office because no tools are required
- Water resistant: will not disintegrate from moisture or condensation
- Non-conductive: will not cause damage to your electrical wiring
- UL263 (ASTM E119, NFPA 251)
|Weight||EP-44 - 0.08 lb (0.036 kg)
EP-45 - 0.10 lb (0.045kg)
|Volume||EP-44 - 1.75 cu in (28.8 cu cm)
EP-45 - 2.50 cu in (41.0 cu cm)
|Expansion Begin||350° F (177° C)|
|Expansion Range||350° F to >1000° (177° C - 537° C)|
|Volume Expansion||16 to 24X (free expansion)|
|In-Service Temp||<130° F (54° C)|
|Oven Aging||No Change (60° C)|
|Humidity Exposure||No Change (60° C, 98% R.H.)|
|Shelf Life||No Limit|
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
- Electrical Box Insert Pad - Material Safety Data Sheet (PDF)
- Electrical Box Insert Pad - Product Data Sheet (PDF)
RELATED ARTICLES -
- CableOrganizer.com's Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- Which Firestop Product Should I Use for My Application?
- Creating a Fire Protection Plan for Your Business
- How to Fireproof Your Server Room
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030