STI SpecSeal® Composite Sheet
Composite sheets have long been a favorite for firestopping large openings where a clean, neat finish is required. In addition, these sheets provide an excellent exterior surface. You may use the composite sheets with other STI Firestop products to seal penetrations through fire-resistance rated walls and floors for metallic and non-metallic pipes, insulated pipes, cable trays, cables, conduits, or blank openings.
These products protect openings of any shape in common construction work against fire, smoke, and combustion by-products. Another benefit to this type of firestop is that no maintenance is needed as there might be with other choices; however, it is recommended that any new openings or jobs be inspected to ensure that all remained sealed.
- Durability built in: made of an intumescent layer bonded to a galvanized steel sheet, reinforced with steel wire mesh and covered with aluminum foil
- Easy to cut using standard sheet metal cutting tools to size your composite sheets to specs
- Can be used with other SpecSeal® or EZ Path products by STI
- UL Classified
- Tested to ASTM E814 (ANSI/UL 1479) for up to 2 hours
- Specifically created for use in medium- to large-sized openings
- Excellent for use in both floors and walls because it is lightweight enough for handing and hanging
- Paintable for blending with current décor
- Seal penetrations through fire-rated walls and floors
- Metallic and non-metallic pipes
- Insulated pipes
- Cable trays
- Blank openings
- Suitable for clean room/area environment
- MSDS (PDF)
|Material||31 AWG, Steel Sheet, Steel Wire Mesh, and Aluminum|
|Mounting||Floor or Wire|
|Fire Rating||2 hours|
|ASTM E814 (ANSI/UL 1479)||Up to 4 hour ratings for penetrations in walls and floors|
|ASTM E814 Electrical Circuit||Protection Systems for Cable Trays 1 hour UL Classified Systems|
|Surface Burning Characteristics||Flame Speed 5
Smoke Development 50
|Nominal Thickness||0.1 inch (2.5mm)|
|Nominal Weight||1.4 lb/ft² (6.9 kg/m²) Intumescent|
|Expansion Begins||350° F (177° C)|
|Volume Expansion||15 X (typical free expansion)|
|Max. In-Service Temperature||130° F (54° C)|
|Shelf Life||No Limit|
|STI-CS1628||SpecSeal® Composite Sheet 16" x 28"||16" x 28" x 0.1"
(41cm x 71cm x 2.5 mm)
|STI-CS2436||SpecSeal® Composite Sheet 24" x 36"||24" x 36" x 0.1"
(61cm x 92cm x 2.5mm)
|STI-CS3636||SpecSeal® Composite Sheet 36" x 36"||36" x 36" x 0.1"
(92cm x 92cm x 2.5mm)
|STI-CS3641||SpecSeal® Composite Sheet 36" x 41"||36" x 41" x 0.1"
(92cm x 104cm x 2.5mm)
|STI-CS2852||SpecSeal® Composite Sheet 28" x 52"||28" x 52" x 0.1"
(71cm x 132cm x 2.5mm)
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
- Creating a Fire Protection Plan for Your Business
- 10 Ways to Prevent Hazardous Energy Injuries in the Workplace
- CableOrganizer.com’s Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- Which Firestop Product Should I Use for My Application?
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if we’re missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!