STI SpecSeal® Composite Sheet
Composite sheets have long been a favorite for firestopping large openings where a clean, neat finish is required. In addition, these sheets provide an excellent exterior surface. You may use the composite sheets with other STI Firestop products to seal penetrations through fire-resistance rated walls and floors for metallic and non-metallic pipes, insulated pipes, cable trays, cables, conduits, or blank openings.
These products protect openings of any shape in common construction work against fire, smoke, and combustion by-products. Another benefit to this type of firestop is that no maintenance is needed as there might be with other choices; however, it is recommended that any new openings or jobs be inspected to ensure that all remained sealed.
- Durability built in: made of an intumescent layer bonded to a galvanized steel sheet, reinforced with steel wire mesh and covered with aluminum foil
- Easy to cut using standard sheet metal cutting tools to size your composite sheets to specs
- Can be used with other SpecSeal® or EZ Path products by STI
- UL Classified
- Tested to ASTM E814 (ANSI/UL 1479) for up to 2 hours
- Specifically created for use in medium- to large-sized openings
- Excellent for use in both floors and walls because it is lightweight enough for handing and hanging
- Paintable for blending with current décor
- Seal penetrations through fire-rated walls and floors
- Metallic and non-metallic pipes
- Insulated pipes
- Cable trays
- Blank openings
- Suitable for clean room/area environment
- MSDS (PDF)
|Material||31 AWG, Steel Sheet, Steel Wire Mesh, and Aluminum|
|Mounting||Floor or Wire|
|Fire Rating||2 hours|
|ASTM E814 (ANSI/UL 1479)||Up to 4 hour ratings for penetrations in walls and floors|
|ASTM E814 Electrical Circuit||Protection Systems for Cable Trays 1 hour UL Classified Systems|
|Surface Burning Characteristics||Flame Speed 5
Smoke Development 50
|Nominal Thickness||0.1 inch (2.5mm)|
|Nominal Weight||1.4 lb/ft² (6.9 kg/m²) Intumescent|
|Expansion Begins||350° F (177° C)|
|Volume Expansion||15 X (typical free expansion)|
|Max. In-Service Temperature||130° F (54° C)|
|Shelf Life||No Limit|
|STI-CS1628||SpecSeal® Composite Sheet 16" x 28"||16" x 28" x 0.1"
(41cm x 71cm x 2.5 mm)
|STI-CS2436||SpecSeal® Composite Sheet 24" x 36"||24" x 36" x 0.1"
(61cm x 92cm x 2.5mm)
|STI-CS3636||SpecSeal® Composite Sheet 36" x 36"||36" x 36" x 0.1"
(92cm x 92cm x 2.5mm)
|STI-CS3641||SpecSeal® Composite Sheet 36" x 41"||36" x 41" x 0.1"
(92cm x 104cm x 2.5mm)
|STI-CS2852||SpecSeal® Composite Sheet 28" x 52"||28" x 52" x 0.1"
(71cm x 132cm x 2.5mm)
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
- Creating a Fire Protection Plan for Your Business
- 10 Ways to Prevent Hazardous Energy Injuries in the Workplace
- CableOrganizer.com’s Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- Which Firestop Product Should I Use for My Application?