What's special about this caulk gun?
- Makes the application of your many caulk needs quick and easy
- Steel welded construction is sturdy and will last for years
- 3:1 thrust ratio gives it smooth, easy to dispense functioning
- Click for More Features
|PART #||DESCRIPTION||USE TUBE SIZE||WEIGHT||PRICE|
|STI-SSACG||STI Caulk Gun||11 oz.||1.49 lbs.|
- Thumb release for single hand operation
- Use with STI or other product line standard 11 oz caulk tube cartridges
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE -
TOOLS: Household rags, utility knife, caulking gun, caulk, nail or awl
STEP 1: Clean the area to be caulked, removing dirt, loose paint and old caulk. Be sure the area is dry before you begin.
STEP 2: Use a utility knife to cut the tip of the spout either straight or angled. Cut off as little as possible, taking into consideration the size of the 'bead' of caulk you need. Cardboard tubes may have a second seal at the base of the spout. Insert a nail or awl through the spout to puncture the seal.
STEP 3: Load a tube of caulk into a caulking gun, making sure it's well seated at both ends.
STEP 4: Hold the gun at a slight angle. If you're filling a crack, insert the spout if you can; otherwise, run it at the surface.
STEP 5: Pull away from the bead slightly as you squeeze out the caulk, rather than push into it, which can be very messy. Use just enough caulk to do the job. (Experiment in an out-of-the-way area. You may find that you'll need less of a bead than you think.)
STEP 6: Use your finger to gently press the caulk into the corner or crack.
STEP 7: Use a damp towel or rag to clean off most of the excess caulk, then use a dry one to clean off the rest.
- Which Firestop Product Should I Use for My Application?
- CableOrganizer.com's Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- How to Fireproof Your Server Room
- Energy Conservation Made Easy
- The Problem with Leakage Ratings
- 2-1/2 Minutes to Stop a Fire
- Firestopping Sheet Metal Ductwork
- Firestopping vs Fireblocking
- Firestopping Wood Floor Chase Assemblies
- Metallic Stub-Ups for Plastic Piping Systems
- Plan, Install, & Firestop Cable Penetrations
- Firestopping Plastic Pipes
- Firestop Putty Pads: When, Where, and How to Use Them
- STI Quiets the Competition
- Unstanding the T Rating
- Where There's Smoke .. There May Be Cables!
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030