STI Caulking Gun
- Thumb release for single hand operation
- Use with STI or other product line standard 11 oz caulk tube cartridges
|PART #||DESCRIPTION||USE TUBE SIZE||WEIGHT||PRICE|
|STI-SSACG||STI Caulk Gun||11 oz.||1.49 lbs.|
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE -
TOOLS: Household rags, utility knife, caulking gun, caulk, nail or awl
STEP 1: Clean the area to be caulked, removing dirt, loose paint and old caulk. Be sure the area is dry before you begin.
STEP 2: Use a utility knife to cut the tip of the spout either straight or angled. Cut off as little as possible, taking into consideration the size of the 'bead' of caulk you need. Cardboard tubes may have a second seal at the base of the spout. Insert a nail or awl through the spout to puncture the seal.
STEP 3: Load a tube of caulk into a caulking gun, making sure it's well seated at both ends.
STEP 4: Hold the gun at a slight angle. If you're filling a crack, insert the spout if you can; otherwise, run it at the surface.
STEP 5: Pull away from the bead slightly as you squeeze out the caulk, rather than push into it, which can be very messy. Use just enough caulk to do the job. (Experiment in an out-of-the-way area. You may find that you'll need less of a bead than you think.)
STEP 6: Use your finger to gently press the caulk into the corner or crack.
STEP 7: Use a damp towel or rag to clean off most of the excess caulk, then use a dry one to clean off the rest.
- Which Firestop Product Should I Use for My Application?
- CableOrganizer.com's Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- How to Fireproof Your Server Room
- Energy Conservation Made Easy
- The Problem with Leakage Ratings
- 2-1/2 Minutes to Stop a Fire
- Firestopping Sheet Metal Ductwork
- Firestopping vs Fireblocking
- Firestopping Wood Floor Chase Assemblies
- Metallic Stub-Ups for Plastic Piping Systems
- Plan, Install, & Firestop Cable Penetrations
- Firestopping Plastic Pipes
- Firestop Putty Pads: When, Where, and How to Use Them
- STI Quiets the Competition
- Unstanding the T Rating
- Where There's Smoke .. There May Be Cables!
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if we’re missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!