Socket Sense™ surge protector prevents the congestion commonly associated with power adapters with ease, regardless of their size of shape. You simply need to expand or contract the movable 45° sockets to adjust for your best fit. Now you can do the job of 2 power strips in one. The unique design makes Socket Sense™ ideal for use with home theater systems, cell phone adapters, computer equipment, and much more.
- Red and green LEDs provide status of surge and ground
- Sockets may be adjusted to provide cable management channels between them to reduce clutter
- Does the job of two ordinary surge strips
- No socket will ever become blocked by a power adapter
- Two keyholes for wall mounting and keeping cables off of the floor
- Power switch with 15A breaker for protecting your components again power surges
- 5 year manufacturer warranty
NOTE: The socket sense should be used indoors and in dry locations. You should not plug it into another re-locatable power tab. You should never use with aquariums, near water or any other source of moisture. Also, it should be kept away from heat emitting sources such as radiators or heat registers.
|Surge Rating||2160 Joules|
|Surge Lines Protected||3 line (L-N, L-G, N-G)|
|Power Cord||6 feet or 12 feet|
|Electrical Ratings||125 VAC, 15 AMP, 60 Hz, 1875 Watts|
|Maximum Spike Voltage||6,000 V|
|Maximum Spike Current||144,000 AMPS|
|UL Clamping Voltage||UL 1449 330V|
|Certifications||UL listed: UL 1449 & UL 1363, RoHS|
|Suppression Response Time||<1 Nanosecond|
|EMI/RFI Noise Reduction||150KHz – 100MHz up to 40dB|
|PART #||DESCRIPTION||PACKAGE DIMENSIONS||WEIGHT||PRICE|
|IV-SS1650W-06||Socket Sense™ Surge Protector - 6 foot Power Cord||15.75" H x 2.5" D x 6.0" W||2.5 lbs|
|IV-SS1650W-12||Socket Sense™ Surge Protector - 12 foot Power Cord||15.75" H x 2.5" D x 6.0" W||2.5 lbs|
- Warranty Information (PDF)
Red Light – Protected. This light should be lighted when the Socket Sense™ power switch is on, and it is plugged into a grounded outlet. If the “Protected” LED lamp goes out at any time, it means that the surge protection components of the Socket Sense™ have absorbed one or more power surges. At that point you should replace your Socket Sense™.
Green Light – Grounded. This light should be lighted when the Socket Sense™ power switch is on and it is plugged into a grounded outlet. If the Grounded green light goes off at any point, it means that there is a grounding wire malfunction associated with the outlet. You should stop using Socket Sense™ until the malfunction is corrected. The use of the Socket Sense with an improperly grounded outlet voids the warranty.
How to use?
- Using two hands, grasp the socket to the left and right of the socket where the power adapter will be inserted.
- Pull the left and right sockets away from the middle socket in order to create more space.
- Plug the power adapter into the middle socket.
- As channels as formed between the sockets when they are expanded. You may place cables inside these channels in order to organize them.
- Push the left and right sockets toward the middle socket in order to contract the length as desired.
RELATED ARTICLES -
- What is a Surge Suppressor?
- Introduction to Power Distribution and System Grounding
- 10 Easy Ways to Protect Electrical Hazards
- Summer Fun on a Budget: How to Set Up a Tremporary Outdoor Home Theater
- Surge Protector Roundup: 7 Cleverly Modern Surge Protectors and where to Use Them
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Compact Size
- Durable Construction
- Good Cord Length
- Good Warranty
- Great Protection
- Well Labeled
- Audio Equipment
- High-End Equipment
Comments about Ideative 6 Socket Sense Surge Protector:
Discovering Socket Sense made my day. Its unique shape for adapters and ability to expand met my compact computer desk area needs. No more clutter -- it is perfect!
- Primary use:
- Was this a gift?:
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if we’re missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!