Signamax 16-Bay Rack Mount Media Converter Chassis
This media converter chassis by Signamax can handle high density large business or telco installations in a minimal amount of work space by fitting nicely in only 2 rack spaces. More
This chassis includes dual redundant power supplies in case hot swaps are required while in use. The fans are also dual redundant to ensure system cooling. Signamax chassis are so durable due to their rugged steel and aluminum construction that a lifetime warranty is given with each unit purchased.
- Install up to 16 media converters into a 2U rack space
- Dual redundant load sharing power supplies can be hot swapped to ensure system remains in service
- Two power supplies are standard
- Two (2) 42.5 cfm side mounted fans are included plus one fan for each of the two redundant power supplies are included
- LED power status indicators
- All outputs have overload protection from short circuit conditions with automatic recovery
- The unit also has over voltage protection; if the output level exceeds 13.2 volts it will cause shutdown with automatic recovery
- Intelligent power backplane
- Each mounting bay is individually fused
- Made of aluminum and steel for durability
- Easy rear access for installation and maintenance
- Meets FCC Part 15 Class A, CE Class A standards
- Lifetime warranty from Signamax Connectivity Systems, including the power supplies
- UL 1950 listed
|Capacity||Sixteen bays, for up to sixteen 065-11XX series media converters|
|Cooling||Two 42.5 cfm side-mounted fans, plus one fan for each of the two redundant power suppliers.|
|LED Status Indicators||Power 1 / Power 2: Power supply on-line|
|Physical Characteristics||Dimensions: 17.3" x 10.9" x 3.5" [440mm x 276mm x 90mm] (2 standard rack units)
Weight: Approximately 18.7 pounds [8.5 kilograms], fully loaded
|Environmental Characteristics||Operating Temperature: 32° F - 104° F [0° C - 40° C]
Storage Temperature: -13° F- 158° F [-25° C - 70° C]
|Power Supplies||Load-sharing and hot-swappable; 2 supplied as standard equipment. AC -48 DC units available. Power status LED on each power supply, as well as remote status LEDs on front panel.
Input: Model 065-1185: 90-240 volts AC, 47-63 Hz
Model 065-1185DC: -48 Volts DC.
Output: Normal +12 Volts DC (Min +11.88 Volts,
Max +12.12 Volts, 7.0 Amps.)
Total Regulation: +/- 1.0% Rip. 120 mV, Load 1.0%, Line 0.5%
Overload Protection: All outputs protected against short circuit conditions; automatic recovery
Over-Voltage Protection: Output level exceeding 13.2 Volts causes shutdown - automatic recovery.
|Construction||Aluminum and Steel|
|Emissions||FCC Part 15 Class A, CE Class A|
|Safety||UL 1950 listed|
|Warranty||Lifetime, including power supplies|
|SX-065-1185||Signamax 16 Bay Media Converter Chassis
Includes: (2) Redundant Power Supplies & 3-Fan Cooling Assembly
|SX-AC-1185||Spare Redundant Power Supply 90-240V AC||2.7 lbs|
|SX-1185-FAN||Spare Individual Fan Assembly||0.25 lb|
RELATED ARTICLES -
HOW-TO CORNER -
- How to Test Fiber Optic Cables for Optical Loss
- How to Test Fiber Optics for Continuity
- Fiber Optic Tutorials
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if we’re missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!