What's special about this metal detector?
- One-handed operation for quick and easy use
- The XTd model signals you audibly and visually with a digital readout when there is a ferrous item below
- Long life 9-volt battery lasts up to 24 hours on one charge (intermittent usage) so you don't have to worry it will run out at the job
- Click for More Features
The beauty of the XT magnetic locator is its simplicity. Hands-free carrying on your tool belt and single-handed operation gives you the freedom to multi-task. Comparison Chart for Schonstedt Magnetic Locators
|PART #||DESCRIPTION||SHIPPING WEIGHT||PRICE|
|SCH-GA-92XTI||Schonstedt Indicator Magnetic Locator with Case||7 lbs||DISCONTINUED|
|SCH-GA-92XTD||Schonstedt Display Magnetic Locator with Case||7 lbs||DISCONTINUED|
|SCH-XT40000||Schonstedt Earphones||0.5 lb||DISCONTINUED|
|SCH-XT30000||Schonstedt Holster||3.0 lbs||DISCONTINUED|
|SCH-XT50000||Schonstedt Carrying Case||3.0 lbs||DISCONTINUED|
Why does the Schonstedt GA-92XT Locator cost so much?
Just like a sports car, iPod, or any other modern convenience that's designed to offer the highest degree of functionality in the smallest package possible, Schonstedt's line of GA-92XT magnetic locators tend to have a higher price tag than some of the less-sophisticated detectors out there. Why the steep price tag? To begin with, Schonstedt produces their locators to extremely high standards right in the USA, as opposed to manufacturing them more cheaply overseas - and this pride in quality shows in each and every piece of equipment. Next, consider the convenience factor: Schonstedt's GA-92XT is small enough to operate with one hand, which makes finding property markers, well casings, cast iron pipes, and unexploded ordinance a far simpler task than it used to be. And then there's the 7 year warranty, which is unrivaled by any other compact locator on the market - sounds pretty good after all, doesn't it?
- Patented HeliFlux® sensors assure your locator is as technologically advanced as a space satellite
- Piezoelectric speaker assures the sound quality is crystal
- Comes in a custom case which protects is during transport and on the job sites
- Holster is standard with each finder for hands free carrying
- Unit operates in both the retracted and the extended position so if there is limited capability to open, it still operates
- Control the volume and sensitivity with just a finger allowing you to modify easily and quickly
- Battery compartment is readily accessible for quick changes
- 7 year manufacturer warranty
- Made in the USA
Detects the magnetic fields of the following:
- Property markers
- Septic tanks
- Well casings
- Valve boxes
- Cast iron pipes
- Steel drums
- Unexploded ordnance
Accessories (Sold Separately)
Caution: Earphones are very sensitive so use caution when using on busy construction sites as it may be harmful.
SCH-XT30000 Holster & Belt Assembly
SCH-XT50000 Carrying Case
|Output||Audio Signal increases in frequency with gradient-field intensity. Idle frequency = 10 Hz|
|Visual (GA-92XTD model only)||Expanding bar graphs indicate polarity (+ or -) and relative strength|
|Battery Life||24 hours (intermittent usage)|
|Input Power||One lithium 9-volt battery|
|Battery Check||4-segment LCD BATT indicator|
|Weight||Approximately 2.4 lb (1.1 kg)|
|Operating Temperature||-13° to 140° F (-25° to 60° C)|
|Overall Length||Extended: 26" (66 cm)
Collapsed: 15.5" (39 cm)
|Waterproof Length||11.5" (29 cm) when extended|
|Nominal Sensor Spacing||9.5" (24 cm)|
|Construction||30% glass-filled, high impact ABS, 0.2" (5mm) wall thickness|
The Schonstedt GA-92XT models are manufactured under one or more of the following United States Patents: 4,163,877; 4,258,320; 4,803,773; 4,839,624; 5,097,211; 5,136,245; 5,138,761; 5,239,290.
- Schonstedt GA-92XT Instruction Manual (PDF) 4.5 Mb
- Locating Magnetic, Cable and Pipe Course (PDF)
- Schonstedt GA-92XT Brochure (PDF)
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030