RapidRun™ Modular Cable System
The RapidRun Cable System is an audiovisual cabling system that is easy-to-install, terminate and reterminate. Pull this cable once and then you can snap on different connectors and break-aways should your equipment change. This cabling system was designed specifically for home and small business users and has several options to choose from.
- Each runner cable features a proprietary MUVI connector on each end, thus preventing signal degradation, and creating secure connections
- The protective threaded end caps with eye loops prevent bent pins and also protect the MUVI contacts from dirt and dust
- Completely customizable to meet the needs of any specific job
- The Runner allows you to pull it through conduits as small as 3/4" in diameter or through a 90° sweep
- Durable Runner cables withstand up to 15 pounds/foot of pulling tension. making it very strong
- Features 100% EMI/RFI shielding
- For residential use there is the CL2-rated PVC, while for commercial applications use the CMP-rated plenum
Color coded cables and connectors to further simplify installation:
- Yellow to Yellow. Use a yellow PC/Video Runner Cable with a yellow PC/Video flying lead or wall plate for UXGA video (includes VGA, SVGA, XGA, and SXGA) and stereo audio.
- Blue to Blue. Use a blue Home Theater Runner Cable with a blue flying lead or wallplate for Component, or S-Video and digital audio. Yellow or Blue to Green. Use a yellow PC/Video Runner or blue Home Theater Runner cable with a green flying lead or wallplate for UXGA, Component, or S-Video and stereo audio.
Video Presentation Projectors
- Application: Board rooms, auditoriums, etc.
- Signal: UXGA Video.
- Components: Any PC/Video Runner Cable; Flying Lead: Yellow HD15 (40725); Wallplate: Yellow, HD15 (40735).
High-Definition Video for Projectors and HDTVs and Stereo Audio
- Application: HDTV, home theater.
- Signal: Component video, stereo audio.
- Components: Any PC/Video Runner Cable; Home Theater Runner Cable; Flying Lead: Green, RCA (42071); Wallplate: Green, RCA (40737).
Standard-Definition Video for Video Projection and HDTVs and Stereo Audio
- Application: Traditional television (CRT).
- Signal: S-Video, stereo audio.
- Components: Any PC/Video Runner Cable, Home Theater Runner Cable; Flying Lead: Green, RCA, S-Video (40732); Wallplate: Green, RCA, S-Video (40742).
High-Definition and Standard-Definition Video for Video Projection and HDTVs
- Application: Component-to-HDTV source (DVD player), S-Video to DVR (TiVo®).
- Signal: Component video, S-Video.
- Components: Home Theater Runner Cable; Flying Lead: Blue, RCA, S-Video (40728); Wallplate: Blue, RCA, S-Video (40738).
Break-Away Selection Guide
|HD15 Male||UXGA Video||Yellow||CTG-40725||CTG-40735|
|(5) RCA||Component Video, Audio||Green||CTG-42071||CTG-40737|
|(2) RCA + S-Video||S-Video, Audio||Green||CTG-40732||CTG-40742|
|(3) RCA + S-Video||Component Video, S-Audio||Blue||CTG-40728||CTG-40738|
Runner Cable/Break-Away Usage Selection Chart
| Home Theater
|Video Presentation Projectors||Board Rooms, Auditoriums||UXGA Video||yes||-||CTG-40725||CTG-40735|
|High-Definition Video for Video Projectors and HDTVs and Stereo Audio||HDTV, Home Theater||Component Video,
|Standard-Definition Video for Video
Projection and HDTVs and Stereo Audio
|Traditional Television (CRT)||S-Video
|High-Definition and Standard-Definition
Video for Video Projection and HDTVs
(DVD Player), S-Video to DVR (TiVo®)
Operating Temperature: 32° F to 158°F (0°C to 70°C)
What RapidRun™ is:
RapidRun is an award-winning interconnect system designed, from the ground up, to evolve with the components of your installation. Featuring an amazing connector technology and incredible flexibility, RapidRun is able to handle whatever signal you need wherever you need it; this versatility allows easy customization of any system.
The RapidRun system consists of three Runners and a collection of Break-Away termination options that function with specific Runners. Two Break-Aways are required for each Runner, one on both ends of the cable. The multiple combination options allow you to customize the system in order to create your desired configuration.
- 5 Easy Ways to Hide Speaker Wire
- HDMI Cable Q&A
- Cable Quality Counts in Home Theater Systems
- Component Video Cables Demystified
HOW-TO CORNER -
- How to Install Your Wiring Solution for flat-screen TV
- How to Terminate Braided Sleeving
- How to Have a Great Home Theater System
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if we’re missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!