What's special about this locking extension cord?
The Qwik-Lok Professional 125V-15A replacement connector for extension cords is the toughest, most reliable connector on the market today. This connection is so strong it can withstand repeated tension pulls of up to 250 lbs. The Qwik-Lok also incorporates highly conductive beryllium copper into its 10 electrical contacts to guarantee electricity every time.
|PART #||DESCRIPTION||VOLT - AMP||HOLDING STRENGTH||WEIGHT||PRICE|
|RAT-97008||Qwik-Lok Locking Extension Cord Connector||125V - 15A||up to 250 lbs. with 12 ga. cord||0.2 lb|
PLEASE NOTE: Extension Cords are NOT included with the purchase of this item
- Delivers consistent, dependable power every time to meet the demands of today’s busiest industries, shops, or homes
- Makes the perfect retrofit or replacement connector for extension cords, and helps to extend the life of both cords being joined
- Durable polycarbonate construction lasts 2-3x longer than standard connectors
- Saves money by eliminating the need for an extra twist-lock device
- Includes optional solder slot required for Hospital Grade equipment
- Locking mechanism is simple to use even with bulky gloves, and remains easy to use under any weather condition whether it be extreme cold or sweltering heat
- Construction, Industry, heavy duty applications, commercial, professional, trades, factories, fire & safety, MRO, schools and institutions, TV, film, theater, lighting, sound and stage, farms, automotive, home and garden etc
- 125V 15A Parallel blade Connector
- Uses any grounded or non grounded parallel straight blade plugs. Holes in the plug blades are required for the locking system to work.
- Hard wired to any 10-16 ga. extension cords (from .0330" to 0.625" dia.)
- Transmits 55% of the electricity vs 11-15% of others
- Internal Contacts: Beryllium copper
- Locking Method: Strong hard tempered brass mechanical locks are spring loaded to lock into each hole of the plug blade
- Plastics: Poly-carbonate housing, collar and cap: durable, strong, long lasting and not compromised in adverse working and temperature environments. (NOTE: Some solvents adversely affect polycarbonates)
- Holding strength: well above 250lbs with 12 ga. cord . (NOTE: Many OEM PLUGS are not able to withstand such tensions and may result in wires tearing out of the plug. The powered end - the Qwik-Lok, is designed to always remain safe as the wires will not tear out, become loose, or give way)
- Whip (Cord Restraint): Santoprene
- Operating Temperature: -60°F to 160°F, -50°C to 70°C
(NOTE: All plastics become more brittle during extreme cold below -10°F. Use a bit more care)
- View More Technical Features - PDF
RELATED ARTICLES -
- 10 Easy Ways to Prevent Home Electrical Hazards
- Extension Cord Safety Tips
- How to Identify a Counterfeit UL Mark
- The Facts on American Wire Gauge (AWG)
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030