In today’s world crime has increased in many areas causing problems with damaged or stolen property and valuables. The most common solution to this is to integrate an advanced security system into your home or business to help with preventing problems and to help with identifying criminals better. When installing your security camera system it is important to test your system properly to ensure that it will be working at full capacity. This can be done with a tester such as the SecuriTEST™ PRO CCTV and Security Tester from Ideal Industries. Here are just some of the benefits of what the SecuriTEST™ PRO CCTV and Security Tester can do for your security camera setup.
The Benefits Of A Security Tester
One of the first benefits of the SecuriTEST™ PRO CCTV and Security Tester is that it is compact in size. This security tester is handheld and is designed to provide a neck strap which helps to keep it with you at all times when installing your security setup.
Another advantage of this CCTV security tester is that it comes compatible with 20+ PTX protocols. What this means is that this security tester is capable of working and testing any system being installed for added versatility and money saving.
One of the main benefits of using this security tester is that it provides a versatile testing range. This CCTV security tester features 6 functions which mean you won’t need any other tester when out in the field. These 6 ranges include:
· UTP Cable Testing: This feature allows for the tester to display very detailed information about the status and the functionality of your cabling. This helps to check for faults and can promote a safe cable installation.
· CCTV PTZ Controller: The controller part of this security tester allows for you to easily control a variety of dome cameras which feature pan and tilt functions. Because of this feature it gives any installer the opportunity to test the pan, tilt, and zoom functions when installation is complete.
· PTZ Protocol Analyzer: This feature provides an even analysis of your PTZ command and easily displays clearly the protocol code on its viewing monitor for you to see at any time during the installation process.
· CCTV field monitor: Another benefit includes the CCTV monitor feature. This feature helps to set the direction and focus of the camera while finding video signal line loss. This helps to make sure your camera is focused clearly and is there is no interruption in the video signal.
· Video Signal Generator: The video signal generator provides a full colour testing pattern which is designed to test any equipment piece. This makes sure that any of the cameras images are clear and precise with their nominated colour rating.
· Digital Multimeter: The digital multimeter feature is designed to incorporate the testing of Ohmmeter, Amp meter, Voltmeter, and Continuity. The modular testing leads help to facilitate the different types of leads for easy user replacement and makes it ideal for a large variety of security setups.
HDMI cables come in a range of different forms but how do you know which one is best suited to your application? Here are some helpful tips when looking to buy HDMI cables for your application.
Tips When Buying A HDMI Cable
When choosing your HDMI cable it is best to measure the length needed so you can accommodate for the gap between your devices. HDMI cables come in a variety of different lengths to choose from and these can be anywhere from 1 to 12ft or more. Purchasing one a size up from your gap size allows for room to move or improve your connection at a later date.
The next best thing to consider when choosing a HDMI cable is to check which type of cable will be needed or best suited to your application. This can be done by checking the manual of your HDTV and the devices that you will be connecting it to. Check the supported HDMI rating and if they differ, for example your HDTV supports HDMI 1.1 while your game console supports HDMI 1.2 then choose the earliest type which in this case would be HDMI 1.1. In some cases it is said that choosing a HDMI cable rated 1.3 is also a good choice as this HDMI cable is designed to support backward compatibility which means it should support HDMI 1.3, 1.2, 1.1, and 1.0.
If you are purchasing multiple HDMI cables but don’t have enough ports on your connected devices then you may need to look into a HDMI switcher. HDMI switchers allow you to easily connect multiple HDMI supported devices to the switcher which is then easily connected to your TV or the compatible devices.
Choosing a HDMI cable doesn’t have to be hard. With the advancements in technology, you can easily purchase one at an affordable price that will work with your devices delivering clear video and audio each and every time.
Video and audio cables are used in everyday multimedia applications and setups. Although how much do you really know about the cables you are installing into your home. Here is some information on the different types of video and audio cables that are used and what they are designed to do.
Types OF Audio and Video Cables
HDMI cables: HDMI cables are made to provide support of HDMI connections between 2 devices. HDMI or High Definition Multimedia Interface refers to the first and only uncompressed, industry supported all video and audio interface which is capable of supporting a connection between an audio and video source. These cables are able to support high definition and standard video along with multiple channels of digital and audio over a single HDMI cable. They are ideal for connecting computer and hardware connections and are commonly used for high definition DVR connection to televisions.
DVI Cables: DVI cables are cables which are designed to support a connection between a video source and a display device which may include a computer monitor. DVI or digital visual interface is designed to provide transmission of uncompressed digital video and is configurable with supporting DVI-I (digital and analog), DVI-A (analog only), and DVI-D (digital only). With support for analog connections the specifications of DVI allows for compatibility with the VGA interface. DVI cables are generally used by computers although they are also sometimes used with video game consoles, DVD players, television sets and more.
VGA Cables: VGA cables are designed to support high definition video of 1080p or higher. VGA or Video Graphics Array interface is designed to provide a method of transferring a basic clear image to the viewing display such as a computer. VGA cables are made to use analog signals for easy transmission and are generally connected to computer systems.
That’s right, the entire week of November 25th through November 29th, take advantage of Black Friday Deals. No waiting in lines, setting up tents, carrying chairs or sleeping bags. The deals are HERE, for the whole week, with new deals made available daily! so make sure to check back! Don’t miss out on important things like family time or indigestion, as a matter of fact, you’ll never even have to leave your house! Click on the link below and Happy Shopping!
So many deals! We can’t fit them all in one blog post!
HDMI cables are used right across the world in home and business applications to create the perfect connection between two multimedia devices. But what exactly is HDMI? Here is some information about HDMI and what HDMI cables are used for that may help you to understand these cables better.
What is HDMI?
HDMI or as known High Definition Multimedia Interface is the only and first uncompressed, industry supported, all digital video and audio interface. HDMI delivers an interface between a video and audio source which can support standard, high definition or enhanced video along with multi-channel digital audio over a single cable. It can easily provide transmission of ATSC HDTV standards and is capable of supporting up to 8 channel digital audio while offering additional bandwidth which can accommodate for any future requirements of enhancements.
What Are HDMI Cables Used for?
A HDMI cable is a special cable which is designed to specially support HDMI connection from one device to another. This cable is generally for hardware and computer connections and is commonly used for connecting high definition DVRs to televisions. This cable is supported by most leading manufacturers of consumer electronics including, but not limited to, Toshiba, Sony, Philips, Panasonic, and Hitachi.
What Are The Benefits Of HDMI Cables
HDMI cables come with many benefits:
- One of the most common benefits of a HDMI cable is that it can easily provide uncompressed and superior quality of digital video and audio.
- Another benefit that a HDMI cable can deliver is that it provides a simple and single method of connecting two devices together without a large array of wiring and cables behind your devices.
- One more advantage of HDMI cables is that they provide a long life span as they don’t use up their full capacity when connected with devices, allowing for adjustments in the future.
- Lastly it provides a convenient and popular method of transmitting high definition content which is supported by many people allowing for easy sharing of audio and video.
Server racks can be beneficial for any application where servers are used in a business. They can provide a more aesthetically pleasing appearance than just having your servers just lying around anywhere. Here are some of the benefits of installing a server rack within your business setup.
Server Racks Increase Performance
Using server racks can easily help to increase your server’s performance for the better. They are perfect for helping to provide proper airflow ensuring that your server won’t overheat or be pushed against objects causing an obstruction in front of the air vents. Unlike having servers free and lose to move around, server racks are designed to easily keep your servers secure at all times to reduce the risk of movement. They are also customizable to cater for the specific needs of your business.
Easier to Maintain
Another benefit of using server racks is that they are easy to maintain. This is because everything is in order and organized appropriately and cables are bundled in neat and tidy bundles which allows for easy access. Server racks are designed with shelves that slide out or racks which give you even easier access to your servers without having to bump your head when trying to crawl into them. When integrated into your business they provide a cost effect solution for easy maintenance especially if you have to hire someone to come and check them.
Another added benefit of using a rack server is that is can provide a convenient method of increasing security to your servers. Most server rack feature locked panels which help to keep people from accessing the servers without your permission. You can also purchase rack servers without multiple locking options which allows for some servers or sections to be locked while others aren’t.
So if you own a business that uses many servers, then why not take a look at how beneficial a server rack can be to save you both time and money in the long run.
When it comes to using heat shrink tubing, it is important to correctly use it to ensure that your application will properly be installed according to your needs. Here are some simple tips when using heat shrink tubing.
How To Use Heat Shrink Tubing Properly.
- One of the first things that you need to do is measure the exposed joint length which needs to be covered by the tubing. When you have properly measured your exposed joint it is wise to add another 1 inch to either side of it to get a proper fit and an overall length. For example: if your joint is roughly 1″ in length then you will have a total of 3″.
- Take some sharp scissors and cut the tubing needed to the length required. When you have cut it simply slide the piece of tubing over the wiring that need to be joined together by either soldering or twisting the wiring together. Please note: do not have your shrink tubing near any heat source, especially when soldering as this may cause your tube to shrink prematurely.
- Once you have connected the wiring, simply slide the tubing over the finished joint once it is cooled (if soldered). Then centre it over the electrical connection and wiring so it is even on both sides.
- Next take your heat gun and plug it in allowing it to warm up. Once it is ready carefully place it near the tubing running it back and forth until the tubing has shrunk around the wiring. Please note: If smoke arises when heating the shrink tubing pull the heat gun back slightly to reduce burning of the tube.
- Lastly you will need to let the heat shrink tubing cool before wrapping a continuous round of electrical tape around the tube covering one end to the other. When wrapping it around simply start about ½ an inch from the shrink tubing on the wire so it can create a water right application with a good mechanical sealing solution.
So if you are looking to use heat shrink tubing with your application, why not follow these simple tips to create the perfect tight seal and cover for your wires each and every time.
Fire kills many people each year, whether its bushfires or general house fires, there are a few things you can do to help reduce the risk of fire hazards within your home. Here are some safety tips to follow to help prevent fire hazard risks.
Fire Hazard Tips For Home Safety
Tip #1 – Heater Space: One of the first things that need to be addressed for your home is creating a safe barrier around your heating units. Heaters cause a lot of heat output and normally won’t built up to high levels if there is adequate space around your heater. When there is clothing and other items placed right next to the heater this can cause the heat to build up against these objects which can then result in fire. This is why it is important to move all items away from your heater to reduce fire risks.
Tip #2 – Smokers: Smoking inside is common for many people although it is important to not smoke in bed or when you are falling asleep during the day or night. Leaving cigarettes carelessly around your home can lead to a fire occurring causing death or serious injury.
Tip #3 – Cooking: When cooking to reduce the risk of a fire occurring it is best to move all combustibles away from your cooking area. It is also wise to wear tight fitted clothing instead of long sleeves which may hang and catch alight especially when using gas stoves with open flames. You can also turn all handles in on your pots to reduce overhang. If you find when cooking your grease catches fire then simply place a lid over it to help smother the flames. After this, make sure you turn off the burner.
Tip #4 – Halogen Lights: When positioning lighting such as lamps around your home it is also best to keep a space around them and make sure they aren’t near drapes or very low ceiling areas. Halogen lights can heat up after long use and may cause a fire hazard especially when left on while you’re away for long periods of time. Always turn your lights and lamps of when leaving for a long period of time to prevent a fire from starting.
So to help protect your family from the risk of fire hazards why not take these simple tips into consideration to make sure you and they are safe all year round.
Caulking is done across American to help with improving energy efficiency when it comes to cooling and heating your home. This can help with saving lots of money especially when many leaks are found. Here are some tips when caulking that you may need to consider to improve the installation of caulk in your application.
Silicone VS Acrylic Caulk When Caulking
Selecting the right caulking agent is important when looking to seal holes and leaks in your home. The most beneficial sealant that should be used when caulking up holes is 100% silicone. The reason for this is that silicone is designed as a permanent waterproof material and features flexible properties. Unlike acrylic caulk which can crack and shrink over time, silicone caulk can provide a tight plug and seal which will set in place perfectly for long term use.
Find All Leaks.
Although this may seem common sense, but it is important to find all the leaks within your home and not just the ones around plumbing, electrical wiring, windows and doors. When finding leaks, make sure to also check the crawl spaces, basement, and attics. Leaks in areas such as these can cause larger problems than that of windows and doors.
If this is your first time using silicone caulk then you may be unaware of the use of a caulk gun. Caulk guns are specially designed to hold and dispense the cartridge for your jobs. Caulk cartridges can’t be squeezed, they are not designed to work this way. If you are in need of a squeezable caulk package then ask your hardware store for options.
Clean Area Before Applying Caulk.
Another thing that you will need to consider is cleaning the area before applying the caulk to ensure that the caulk will stick properly. If there is old caulk it is important to remove it before applying new caulk. To remove the old caulk you can use a razor blade. When the old caulk is removed it may strip off mildew or mold that may have formed helping to clean the area. With the use of rubbing alcohol, house-hold cleaner, or a wire brush, the area will need to be cleaned to ensure it will be ready for the new silicone caulk.
Allow Drying Time
When applying the caulk to your application always make sure that you allow for at least 24 to 48 hours of drying time before it can be exposed to water. Check the package and instructions for your caulk for more information on the drying time of your specific caulk.
When it comes to installing power strips and extension cords it is important to install them correctly to ensure that they not only function accordingly but also provide a safe means of power for any application. Here are some of the don’ts of power strip and extension cord usage you may need to consider when installing them.
Don’ts Of Power Strip and Extension Cord Use
1) Extension cords are designed for temporary use only and should only be used for short periods of time. Never use an extension cord for weeks or even months at a time as this may cause harm to your devices and may result in overheating or overuse of the cord.
2) Power strips and other uninterruptible power supplies should never be used if they don’t have a resettable circuit breaker integrated into the design. Circuit breakers are designed to cut power instantly to the compatible devices causing them to avoid the risk of overloads. If your power strip doesn’t feature a resettable circuit breaker then it is best to replace it with a newer version for added safety.
3) Another no, no of power strip use is daisy chaining your power cords. Daisy chain is the method of plugging one device into another and then into another off the same power supply outlet. This form of installation can cause lowered power functions throughout the installation and can cause your devices to overheat.
4) Another thing that should not be done when installing a power strip is to overload it. Overloading your power strip with multiple devices running at once can cause the circuit breaker to trip. If this happens do not force the installation to function as it may cause it to overload and overheat resulting in a fire. You should also not cover any electrical boxes or strips as this may also cause the device to overheat resulting in a fire.
5) Lastly this may be common sense, although you should never use any sort of electrical device near moisture or wet areas. The risk of electrocution is extremely high when used in combination with water and may result in a fatality. Always use your power strips, extension cords and other electronics in dry areas.